Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. C

Does it hurt female bettas to not breed?

docta proved me wrong
  2. C

20 long fowlr hitchhiker i.d. - sorry if I shouldn't do this

well ,your location says miami, so i assume this is florida rock, this leads me to suspect that what you have isn't a wrasse but a juvenile sand diver, lizard fish, sand tilefish, or other common rock ruble loving sand dweler. not saying it can't be a wrasse, the pics kindof bad, but from my...
  3. C

Rubble Rock

of course, why wouldn't it? if you plantr seeds in a garden, and the conditions are right.......
  4. C

HELP!!!!! MAGGOTS!

lol i add mosquito freshly hatched mosquito larvae to my tank for food, and you bleach it! lol if anything in a few days they would have metamorphosized and transformed into adults, and you would have a few in house for a while, but that would be it. just release some geckos in side er...
  5. C

Filter Cleaning Process

wha??? am i the ony one who sees a major flaw in this?
  6. C

Does it hurt female bettas to not breed?

lol, it negatively effects them when they do breed. male **** near kills them (sometimes does) it is my understanding that the female will not become ?gravid? until she is introduced to a male that has built his bubble nest, then she hides, visiting sometimes, and gets them eggs going. after...
  7. C

GATORADE IN THE FISH TANK!?

lol deelay that was quick. i once recieved an e-mail from a friend whos kid poored a whole pakc of coloring die into his aquarium red,green,blue and yellow. lol he put all the fish in quarantine and restarted the tank from ground up. the kid, she, was trying to make the eggs his convict...
  8. C

giant water sprites!!

i dont have a camera! but i am hoping to get my camcorder working, so i can take the tape get it compressed and then post some pics, though i will warn you, after pruning and stuff, my tank looks like it got hit by a bomb. i mean it still looks nice, has an air of mistique to it, just...
  9. C

giant water sprites!!

i'm sorry i was realy tired, they can't be chloroplast i meant to say cells, i think, i don't know. you know how hard it is to find a support group for being addicted to chocolate covered meth cigarettes? lol
  10. C

Algone??

api alghae fix is the best thing, i am using it on my reef( the freshwater one)but i have heard amazing stories with freshwater and seen results w/ my own eyes
  11. C

Future Mudskipper Tank

i used a flat rock, that was subbmersed in the front, and stuckout of the water iun the back. i glued "legs" for it so it couldn't colapse. my mudskipper loved it. he would jump hide their and swim all around. i had him trained to ring a bell when he was hungry or craved affection. then he...
  12. C

Cycling Methods & Procedures

i think that we as aquarist rush these initial processes to much, in our own impatience and ignorance. i did a total of a 4 month cycle. i raised the ammonia to off the chart levels (above 8) for a few weeks-3 or 4. then let it take its course. i added all my fish at once and never had an...
  13. C

Newbie with Red Cherry Shrimps, need help asap!

bobbie- try using a ph stabalizer, it raises alk as well, they are pretty cheap too. crushed coral will disolve and increase the amount of calcium carbonate, making your gh test higher, shouldn't harm shrim though. don't think of your ammonia going up when you add it as starting from square...
  14. C

How much Iodide in an invert tank?

i;m a mariny, and i just have to say that the use of iodinein marine systems has been discouraged since around 2004. what we always tell people who dose it, is to get a iodine testyer first, and make sure that they are within the recomended levels. often with marine systems the iodine can be...
  15. C

giant water sprites!!

not mine, as mine gt older they tunr a much brighter, more vibrant green, almost neon. and if you look closely, you can see each indiviual chloroplast with yor naked eye, on the new growth. by far these are my favorite plants. if i used sand instead of gravel, the red plant gravel would...
  16. C

help?!!

how do you know the maroon didn't provoke the atack before you were watching??? but it is not uncomon for these BOXING shrimp to be aggresive. thats why i never get them. i much prefer peaceful cleaners, like peppermints. (Lysamada wurdemani)
  17. C

lawnmower Blenny

personaly, i prefer the twin spot bimaculas blennies.
  18. C

90 gallon goby/blenny reef

just make sure yours clarkii are the last to be added, and maybe add the gobies first, starting from small to large, then blennies same pattern. of course this is assuming you are doing the slow stocking route that puts all the fish at ammonia risk. if you are being a realy good aquarist and...
  19. C

What corals would you keep under 96w of HO T5 on a 29g?

if you use sps, make sure they are at the top and are the lower light loving species. i would make it a zooanthid only tank, as it is long. get some realy pricey starters like darth mauls and rainbow palys, some great gatsby, maybe a few japanese zoos too. jmo
  20. C

LET'S MAKE an ANGEL

great idea, how do i subscribe!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store