Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. StarieNite

Smooth White Bump on Wen

Well happily the lump is gone. So it may have been a larger wen growth then I am used to. I never was able to touch it. He was far to fast to try that and I didn't want to stress him out.
  2. StarieNite

Smooth White Bump on Wen

I know they can grow big and at this time the are still smallish and we do plan to upgrade when we can afford a bigger tank. I do weekly water changes (15%-20%) with deep gravel vacuuming. I don't over feed
  3. StarieNite

Smooth White Bump on Wen

First off I can' answer questions on water quality yet. I ran out of testing solutions and then ran out of money. I have two orandas in a twenty gallon tank. I have a HOB filter and a RFUGF both in place over a year now. A red oranda and a red cap. The Red cap is the older of the two and a...
  4. StarieNite

Is fishless cyceling nessecery?

I fishless cycled, I feel it is more humane.
  5. StarieNite

Baby Snail

How long can a pond snail egg incubate before hatching? I know zero about snails and the reason I ask is that the plants they came from don't have never had a snail problem and are over a year old.
  6. StarieNite

Baby Snail

A while back I posted about some frogs my brother in law gave my kids and it came with a snail. Well around 07/02 it died, all I found was the empty shell. Last night when I was feed the frogs I found a itsy bitsy little snail. My daughter was very upset when Shelldon died and is love with Baby...
  7. StarieNite

CREATURE FROM ANOTHER WORLD...need I.D.

I believe the avatar is from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
  8. StarieNite

Hope this means their happy

Pretty sure they are very happy. My daughter told me they were hugging.
  9. StarieNite

I read others call it singing, but they were making these little chirping sounds all night.
  10. StarieNite

Last night while I was working I head on of the adfs singing. It was really cute.
  11. StarieNite

Substrates for ADF's

I have potted plants in my goldie tank and I put one of them in the tank I got for the frogs sometimes they hid in there or behind the glass. I had a plan to go out and get some stuff for them but we had some major car problems and had to turn around and go home. So when we get the car back we...
  12. StarieNite

Substrates for ADF's

What kind of substrate do you recommend? I have gravel left over from my goldfish but it ranges from in size and some are very tiny. Should I use aquarium safe glass beads or just make sure that the gravel is a larger size?
  13. StarieNite

New to ADF's

Something like this? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3650250&lmdn=SHOP+FOR We were all set to pick up some stuff for the fish and for the new guys and the car had problems so we had to get that taken care of. Meanwhile my son decided that he couldn't see them and opened the...
  14. StarieNite

New to ADF's

Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter, it's a HOB that came with the tank.
  15. StarieNite

New to ADF's

I plan on upgrading their home. I just had to get something because I couldn't bear to see them in that little box any longer. The reason I think the filter may be to strong is that last night one would try to swim to the other side and about the 3 stride he would be under where the filter puts...
  16. StarieNite

New to ADF's

I posted in the coldwater forum earlier because that is all I know as I have goldies. My BIL on saturday gave my kids a frog-o-sphere. Horrible little box with two tiny adf's and a snail. Knowing better I ran out and got a 5 gal tank yesterday and the little guys are much happier. Right now it...
  17. StarieNite

Pretty duh question but...

Would a sponge filter be a good choice I don't like the one that came with the tank. Or would the powerhead needed for the filter be too much for the frogs?
  18. StarieNite

The freeze dried is just until I can get back to the LFS. I didn't get anything I needed from the LFS as I needed the tank and didn't the worms to thaw. I just took my sons tweezers from his microscope and held them in front and they attacked it. I always soak it, habit with the goldies...
  19. StarieNite

Well I went to my LFS, but forgot to get some stuff after the LFS didn't have 5 gal in our price range (new filters for my goldies, frozen bloodworms). But we had to run to walmart and they had one. I got that and a little can of freeze dried bloodworms they loved them.
  20. StarieNite

How often do they need to be feed. I am sure two pellets per frog twice a week isn't enough.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store