Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. RobMac

Nano Skimmer question......

My V2 Nano Protein Skimmer has been in full swing now for a good 5 days and seems to be working fine, however, is the water outlet ment to be depositing bubbles with the flow or is it supposed to be pure water return. Now I'm assuming that because the tank has no organics of any type in it at...
  2. RobMac

First timer - SW Nano FOWLR

Yeah, well to be honest with you, I really can't be arsed to post on this site anymore after whats happened. Their was a lot of stuff I wrote filling almost one page but didn't really get any response from people anyway about it so no point in repeating the process. I'll use my other forum sites...
  3. RobMac

Well this is good isn't it!! Half the posts I've put on here regarding my tank and how I've been getting on have been removed and with no explaination for some reason. Would someone care to explain???:mad2:
  4. RobMac

Water changing Now, this you may find bizarre or not as the case may be. Regarding water changing I have a seperate tank that holds 15 litres of water. I fill it with 10 litres and heat it up to the same temperature as my aquarium with a seperate water heater I have, I then balance the...
  5. RobMac

To be honest I've been trying to think my way around this all night while at work but your right, it's just not a viable system to use and will have to think other ways of getting around it. Greech's idea seems the way to go I think without creating to much hassle of using an over flow box.
  6. RobMac

It's not that big actually, in fact it is rather compact in size compared to the more big brother types on the market and I think it is aimed for the Aquarist with a smaller tank than usual but the dimensions are 34cm high x 6cm deep x 23cm wide. That is actually smaller than my tank and...
  7. RobMac

Red Sea Prizm Protein Skimmer Ok, I,ve just dived in at the deep end and ordered a Protein Skimmer. As the title says its the Red Sea Prizm Skimmer and should be more than efficiant to run on my tank. Here is what it says about this model skimmer :- The development of the Prizm line of...
  8. RobMac

I'm going to be fitting a sump to the tank but the water in and out is an issue. The only way I can feed the sump with the water from the tank is to use two pumps. One will go in the main tank drawing water out and feeding into the right side of the sump, the other exact same make of pump as the...
  9. RobMac

By the way, is a protein skimmer an essencial must on a marine Nano tank? I ask this cause all the skimmers I've seen are more for the larger brothers of marine tanks:confused:
  10. RobMac

Yeah, know what you mean there. Wasn't to keen on changing the water using tap water all the time so ROdi is the way I'm going
  11. RobMac

Thank you and you too with yours. I think the light will definatly be reduced to a blue light with less output than the white I have now although algae hasn't risen from the dead yet, but a little too early probs. One other thing I'm adding is a very very low wattage blue spot light in one...
  12. RobMac

This is just a starting point for me and I have to admit the tank isn't as big as I'd like it to be but I am only really using it as a starting point/ introduction into saltwater aquariums. I'm not intending to over populate the tank with fish, only a few will be added gradually but only when...
  13. RobMac

So I need to look into that then. I definatly need to get hold of an Ocean Blue florecent I think, not only for the look but reduce algae growth.
  14. RobMac

Is that a good thing or a bad thing. I know from past experiance with tropical fish, green algae can present problems or are we talking about a different kind of algae here? Will the clean up crew do anything with algae as it appears?
  15. RobMac

Well thanks for your input for now guys but I'm off to work. Hope we can chat more tomorrow as I have other things to ask.... Cheers Rob
  16. RobMac

Just looked and it's 35watts, also noticed how much heat its giving off too and that I would of thought will not be helping the stablising of the water temperature.
  17. RobMac

This is great. I've learnt so much in the last ten minutes....... Another thing I'm looking at is the lighting for the tank. At the minute it is fitted with a Visi-Lux 15" florecent white light and to me it appears to be a little to bright for my liking as you will prob see from the picture I...
  18. RobMac

The rock I'm going to be introducing is Fiji LR. Not sure how much life will be on it though. Well once the salinity is up to scratch I'll put in the live rock then. I still won't be adding any live stock for a while though and will now have to rethink the livestock. Shall forget the Damsels and...
  19. RobMac

Thanks. I'm definatley not in a hurry to get this tank set up. I want to make sure that the water is at top notch and all is settled down before I introduce anything fish wise. What about the live rock though. How early can I introduce that to the tank?
  20. RobMac

Now this is the sort of advise I'm looking at. Thanks for that, you've just saved me a lot of cash. I was thinking about the clean up crew. Am I right in thinking their is no point in adding the clean up crew first because in my opinion, with it being a new tank, their will not be much to...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store