Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

3 New Cats for Me (GEV83)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by GEV83, Jan 5, 2012.

1. GEV83

GEV83 Top Dog!!!

I am an overnight stocker in training to become a
    So I've gone and purchased some more fish. Got them from John (Snookn21) and they look good. 2 are Pleco's 1 L-95 and 1 L-37 the other is a Jaguar Catfish. Never owned a catfish before other then pleco's that is. I got to upload there in the bag pictures then Ill post them for you all to see.

These guys will be housed in my 135 gallon aquarium with all my other fish. I have 2 135 gallon tanks now one with just pleco's the others is cichlids with 1 single pleco. Pic's of the tanks will come later.

2. GEV83

GEV83 Top Dog!!!

Liosomadoras oncinus - Jaguar Catfish
    [​IMG]

Hypostomus faveolus L-37 & Psuedorinelepis sp. L-95
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. GEV83

GEV83 Top Dog!!!

So my new fish measure at
    Jaguar Catfish 3"
    L-37 5"
    L-95 5"

My Hypostomus sp. from my other tank from the cichlids is 9" still got to measure the other ones.

4. smitty

smitty AC Members

Nice pick ups.

5. GEV83

GEV83 Top Dog!!!

Yup yup. There lost in my tank now. They all found spots to hide.

6. MotionInSilver

MotionInSilver AC Members

keep an eye on that jaguar catfish make sure it is feeding, I've purchased all of my jag cats from him except one, and they all were thin like that and half didn't make it but other 4 are such food pigs, keep an eye on him as they seem to be very hard to acclimate unlike other cats/plecs I've owned in the past! Otherwise a great fish to own to watch at night-time when they're prowling out for food.

7. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

That jag is pretty! Can you please post pics of the plecs when they adjust to their new home? I can't really tell what they look like in the bag although I did check them out on planetcatfish.

8. owenodin

owenodin AC Members

That jaguar catfish looks awesome. Too bad they are so shy.

9. GEV83

GEV83 Top Dog!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Ill try to keep a close eye on him/her. Gonna be kinda hard though since there is so many places for it to hide at.

Ill try to get more pics of them when they get more comfortable to there new surroundings. But just like the Jag there are alot of places for them to hide so it may take awhile.

My thoughts exactly. Im thinking if the Jag does good enough that I will house him in his own tank and Ill only give him access to a single cave so I could always keep an eye on him/her.

10. GEV83

GEV83 Top Dog!!!

How do you check up on a Jag that is always out of sight? i cant see if it is doing good if its stressed if it losing weight if its becoming a fatty lol. Is there any way to check on him? I work nights so no way to sneak up on it while its on the prowl.