55 Gallon Paludarium Build with underwater cave

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EOD

AC Members
Sep 12, 2010
Schofield Barracks, HI
Real Name
David
This was such a sweet idea man. You really inspire me to come up with something very creative for my next tank!

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
Beautiful tank! Jealous. So does coconut fiber not rot? Also how will you be able to clean any poo that collects int he cave?

LankyB

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
Beautiful tank! Jealous. So does coconut fiber not rot? Also how will you be able to clean any poo that collects int he cave?
No the coconut fiber shouldn't rot, a lot of hydroponics gardeners use it as a growth media. If I get to much poo building up I can flood the cave the air exit tube is under the water now so water will siphon from the top water area in to the cave circulating the water and hopefully bringing any poo with it. If that doesn't work I will use the filter return like a hose and spray it down.

wombatwarcry

AC Members
Sep 1, 2010
Gainesville, Fl
Real Name
Cory
genius... quite jealous actually haha. I was proud of my breeder tank set up with black sand and clay pots! I have to do something like this someday. Hella good job dude.

FasterShrimpo

AC Members
Jul 13, 2009
I like the cave, the only complain is the right side from the picture angle is uncovered and seems a bit less unrealistic, other than that it's great!

LankyB

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
I like the cave, the only complain is the right side from the picture angle is uncovered and seems a bit less unrealistic, other than that it's great!
Agreed, I thought about covering the some of the straight lines with some foam and coconut on the outside of the tank, but I wasn't sure if it would turn out the way I expect.

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
This is really cool. I like the idea of a bonsai tree. Which species of tree do you plan for it? I would suggest an azalea bonsai, they love warm moist air that your paludinarium would create.

LankyB

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
This is really cool. I like the idea of a bonsai tree. Which species of tree do you plan for it? I would suggest an azalea bonsai, they love warm moist air that your paludinarium would create.
Not sure I know nothing about them but you gave me a place to start.

Yesterday the water conditions were good so I decided to put a fish in. I have a few fish that were feeder fish that survived my Blue Crawfish so I wouldn't feel bad if it died. Now I do feel bad typing that either way it made it through the night and looks pretty happy today. This morning I couldn't wait to get my little fiddler crab buddy in there to try it out and after about an hour of pouting hes started to move around and explore

I think I need to do a little reasearch on aquarium photography so the pictures I take are clear.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store