72g Bowfront Mbuna Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks! I've seen a couple others with driftwood too. I have it in there because there is a BN in there plus I have some acei coming & they will appreciate it.

Plants arrived! I have 10 anubias plants that are in a holding tank while I test a couple in the Mbuna tank & the java ferns need to be weighted down since they don't have a lot of roots to shove in the cracks. So it might be a little while before plant pictures. Fish should be here soon!!!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
cool i like the look of lace rock as well, psss i have a piece of wood in my shellie tank, hehehe be very quite thou the fish may hear us, hehehe, well wood doesn't hurt as long as the tank is not full of it to cause a significant drop in PH, ah anubias well i think i have like 20 anubias nanna, barteri and hostifolia in my 120gal i just love the look of anubias, cool tank buddy..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thank you fellow wood keepers! :)

So I got 3 freebies...1 albino socolofi, 1 rusty & 1 Mel. cyaneorhabdos. Excellent quality & seem very healthy. I was a little concerned because the minute I opened the box it smelt like dead fish.... :confused: Everyone was intact though.

I took many random pictures just to see if I could by chance get a couple decent ones, I will try to get better ones later. They came out pretty dark too but that might be because I was using the Sport setting (motion shots). I do have more like these but these seem to be the clearest shots.

I one with the flash on shows their actual colors but in my lighting they look a little different. The orange really stands out on the rustys fins, same with the light blue of the M. Cyaneorhabdos & the acei look like a dark purple. I am super pleased! It has been a great day! :dance:

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
wow dude those rusty's are awesome buddy good job..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I have to agree, I was quite surprised by how great the rustys are! I can't wait to see em grow up.

The only mbuna left to get now is my OB red zebras, then I need some other bottom dweller/scavengers. :dance:

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hey i was just checking out your DIY 5.5gal sweet i just took down a 5.5gal and switched it with a new 10gal, hehehe take it easy aye..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
ooo, such colors :D
:D All the colors go together really well, seeing all the fish in the tank opposed to pictures online makes a HUGE difference!

did you order the OB reds as well..
The OBs are coming from M.Boona, a fellow Aquaria Central member, which is where I also bought my yellow labs. I am waiting for them to grow up just a little more.

hey i was just checking out your DIY 5.5gal sweet i just took down a 5.5gal and switched it with a new 10gal, hehehe take it easy aye..
Thanks. So far I am very pleased with the 5.5, I should be moving my betta over into it soon.

Well I just tested the tank, 14 hours along, and everything is A-OK. Ph-8.1, NH3-0, NO2-0, NO3-20. Let's hope it remains this way!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store