Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

A Reef Tour

Discussion in 'Marine Reef Keeping' started by Charlesr1958, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Charlesr1958

Charlesr1958 Working DiveMaster

DiveBoat DiveMaster
    Nov 27, 2009
    For those of you with some time to kill and are interested in seeing a photo presentation of a Philippine reef.

Take a Reef Tour

Chuck

2. tidescallme

tidescallme AC Members

Nov 30, 2007
    great pics thank you for sharing

3. Nick540

Nick540 AC Members

Apr 18, 2008
    very interesting, thanks for the post!

4. Max

Max It's me

Insurance underwriter
    Nov 3, 2010
    Wow, that's neat! Is the Philipine government doing more to limit the use of cyanide on the reef? They have some of the prettiest in the world and I hate to hear about how degraded they are becomming. Looks like you found some fairly pristine areas though!
    Thank you so much for sharing

5. Charlesr1958

Charlesr1958 Working DiveMaster

DiveBoat DiveMaster
    Nov 27, 2009
    Thanks all, but do look for the photos to get better as I have a new case coming this week and can then take the camera with me down the reef wall.

There has been, in the last two years, a lot of progress made in the prevention and enforcement concerning blast fishing and the use of cyanide. The one exporter near to me that I frequent from time to time ensures his collectors (local guys) only use nets.

Off to a good Start

Also, the marine enforcement, through a change in the law/policy can now shoot to kill anyone they see blast fishing. Which might explain why I no longer here the gut wrenching sounds of underwater explosions anymore.

Chuck

6. Slappy*McFish

Slappy*McFish Backhanded fish to the face!
    Staff Member

Sunday at 9:56 PM
    Interesting. Thanks.

7. Mgamer20o0

Mgamer20o0 BobsTropicalPlants.com
    Staff Member

Today at 2:42 AM