A singular angel with many dario dario

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
I've always had a deep regard for angelfish, but never had the guts to keep them with any of my other fish. Recently I've been pondering if one could be kept with Dario Dario. I'm doubtful about this, but its not like I've never been wrong before. Anyways could it safely be done?:huh:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
My concern would be that Dario are not the easiest fish to feed. Wouldn't want an angel to out compete it...

Additionally, angels are know to prey on some of the smaller tetras, so you also wouldn't want it to view the Dario as a snack ;)

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
I've done it. I had a pair with 5 angels in a 55. The dario dario stayed near a piece of driftwood with a huge java fern growing on it. Not something I would suggest, but it can be done.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Depending on your setup and decor, it could be done. I've got a single, large angel in my mish-mash community 55g and I've introduced fish into it that were easily small enough (initially) for my angle to gulp down. He/she has never shown an interest. One was a tiny guppy that came home from school with one of my kids, the other were the 4 female bettas I recently introduced. The bettas would have been so easy for the angle to eat when first put in. They've about doubled in size now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store