Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

All 4 DPs sitting on bottom

Discussion in 'Brackish' started by often dignified, Feb 14, 2004.

1. often dignified

often dignified AC Members

Dec 25, 2005
    I added 4 dwarf puffers to my snail tank last night... when I put them in, they all kinda sat on the bottom for a while and then started swimming around. This morning, they're all sitting there again with their little eyes buggin all around :p

Question- is this normal from transportation stress or should I be concerned?

2. 1tankneverenuff

1tankneverenuff CephHead

Jun 12, 2006
    From what I've seen it should be normal. Give them some time...anyone else care to help?

3. often dignified

Dec 25, 2005
    Update- they're all up and active now and I've even seen them hunting and munching on a few baby snails :D

4. 1tankneverenuff

1tankneverenuff CephHead

Jun 12, 2006
    Excellent! Good luck with them in the future!

5. jeffro426

jeffro426 AC Members

May 8, 2005
    Mine took about 3-4 days to settle in..during that time they always hid out of site and didnt eat a thing. Now there little pigs and run to the glass anytime i walk in the room. Give them some time...they'll come around!

6. 1tankneverenuff

1tankneverenuff CephHead

Jun 12, 2006
    Yea, at the store I work at it's so funny 'cause when we first get them they mope around for a while. In due time, they get REALLY active and when I clean the tanks they chase my hand!

7. Minty

Minty AC Members

Jul 13, 2004
    Mine seem to rest at the bottom of the tank on a daily basis. Such little busy bodies!

8. often dignified

Dec 25, 2005
    Now it seems like they have a preference for sleeping on the bottom and on top of a rock :D I'd probably sleep alot too if I was out snail huntin all day :p

these guys rule hehe :D