Amp's 25g Cube Seagrass build REDUX

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Dang, I had to rush things a bit. The livestock that was left out of the 40 started looking rough. I had just put the rock and sand in the 25 yesterday and had to move things over today. The good news is that I have enough saltwater stockpiled to change 300% of the tank and the rock is very well cured, but new. I also haven't received my overflow or halide lamp, yet, (nor is my sump complete) but livestock well-being took precedence in this case. So far, everything looks better, surprisingly, but a bit irritated. I ended up having to use the old ATS compact fluorescents @ 2700K. Makes the whole tank look yellow, but it is surprisingly bright. Pics of the ugly yellow will come tomorrow and hopefully some living livestock.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I hope everything fairs well from the transfer. I'm sure it will all work out for the better.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Amph! good to see a mod doing things on the site.. its been a little dry lately! this sounds awsome and cant wait to see the result! i hope you didnt spend over 200 on your light becuase i woudlve sold my 250watt sunpod to you for 200 shipped!

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Well, everything weathered the transfer just fine, thankfully. Not only that, but several things perked up quite nicely, too. Now I just have to wait until my lamp arrives.

Conski, I appreciated the offer. This came with a brand new XM 10000K bulb for about $250, so it kinda balanced out for me. It would cost me at least $50 for a new lamp, anyway.

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Well, pics as promised. Please, don't bask in the glory that is my tank all at once (lol). It may very well be too much to handle.

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
How will you incorporate the turf scrubber once sea grass has been established?

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
How will you incorporate the turf scrubber once sea grass has been established?
The plan is to initially set one up as usual, with the regular 18 hour photoperiod as a means to jump start growth. Once the screen fills in, I'll probably drop that to about 12-14 hours. I can adjust the photoperiod as needed in response to nutrient dynamics and the growth of the seagrass.

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Well, the seagrass is looking awfully rough. I'm hoping at least some of it will pull through. I get my halide tomorrow, but I won't be getting my overflow box until June 2nd. Long story on the latter part. FedEx suddenly calls me up and tells me that they've been leaving the package behind for over 4 days (not counting the weekend) and without an excuse. Somebody finally noticed it and instead used USPS to tender it to another FedEx facility, where I was informed that because of that, it would require at least another 4 business days in addition to the estimated delivery date--the USPS delivery didn't even take a DAY! They delivered the **** package in two hours, according to the tracking list, so why did they need to allot another 4 days for USPS to deliver? Are they just giving themselves as much leeway as possible or do they not want to deliver my package? I'd be glad to tell them to give it USPS for them to actually deliver it. Needless to say, it will have been 15 days (counting one weekend) since I ordered the thing by the time I receive it. A bit on the ridiculous side, if you ask me. My halide fixture, which came from further away and weighed 11 lbs made it to me in 1/3 of the time via UPS. FedEx will get a formal complaint, I assure you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store