Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Angelfish the Second Time Around

Discussion in 'Angel Fish & Discus' started by 1cooljeep, Dec 21, 2011.

1. 1cooljeep

1cooljeep AC Members

Received my shipment of 4 black veiled angelfish several days ago. Just getting around to taking some photos of them. They showed up in great condition and seemed to acclimate very well. They took to the grow out tank and all starting eating the first time I fed them (waited 12+ hours till the next day). They are destined for my 125, but right now they'll hang out for a few weeks in the 20g tall grow out tank. Here's some shots...

20g tall grow out tank...
    12-21-11 006.JPG

Angelfish...
    Angelfish close up.jpg Angelfish side shot.jpg

Their future home...
    Tank shot 12-21-11.jpg

2. stephcps

stephcps AC Members

Nice looking fish as well as tank. If you don't mind me asking, who did you purchase from?

3. 1cooljeep

1cooljeep AC Members

Thanks. I bought them through Angelfish USA. I am not affiliated with them in any way, but as a customer, I have had very good experience with them. This is my second order. Fish arrived on time and in great shape both times.

4. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

Pretty angels & very nice tank! We'd like updates as they grow, please.

5. 1cooljeep

1cooljeep AC Members

Growing...

Follow-up on the angelfish. All four are eating and growing like crazy. Every time I walk in the room they all line up and stare through the glass at me. Maybe hard to appreciate from these 2 pictures, but I'd bet they are double in size! There's clearly a bigger, more aggressive one, and a runt, too. Likely be moving them into the main tank in a few days. Should look nice in there.

Here's just a quick fews shots tonight...
    1-6-12 029.JPG 1-6-12 039.JPG

6. allaboutfish

allaboutfish AC Members

high school/ going to be a vet or zoologist
    so whats in the bigger tank?

7. 1cooljeep

1cooljeep AC Members

Currently, there are:
    22+ Serpae tetras
    6 Congo tetras
    6 siamese algae eaters
    3 sidthimonki batias
    6 large emerald Cory cats
    6-8 ghost shrimp
    3 snails
    2 BN plecos

Had 4 angelfish in this tank previously for several months before an unfortunate CO2 accident did them in. All the other fish made it through (except 1 pleco). The angels have been in with 6 red eye tetras for 3-4 weeks to encourage social behavior. The Serpaes I understand can get nippy. But seems there are enough of them to keep themselves busy. They left the other 4 alone when they were in there. All groups are different. We'll see!

8. finsNfur

finsNfur AC Members

They are beautiful! In fact, both your tanks are, too.

9. 1cooljeep

1cooljeep AC Members

Dumped them in - figuratively, not literally...

After about 4-5 weeks in the grow out tank, my 4 angelfish have probably doubled in size and started to look crowded in a 20 gallon tall. Therefore, I finally put them in the 125 several days ago. They seemed to have taken to their new home very well. Most importantly, I haven't seen any nipping at all by the Serpae tetras. They essentially ignore each other, which I think is great!

Here's a few quick pics of them in their new home.

1-11-12 027.JPG 1-11-12 031.JPG

I'll keep everyone up to date as they continue to get bigger, and if I don't say so myself, better looking over time!

10. 1cooljeep

1cooljeep AC Members

Update pics...

The four angels continue to do well in the 125 tank. Growth is impressive, except for the runt, who's eating well, but much smaller than the others. No problems with their neighbors in the tank so far, everyone seems to be getting along. Here are pics of two of them...

1-22-12 Angel 1.jpg 1-22-12 Angel 2.jpg