Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

anyone collect anemones??

Discussion in 'Anemone' started by corinna, Oct 10, 2008.

1. corinna

corinna AC Members

running a marina for pleasure craft
    Sep 13, 2009
    Snorkelling today, found some beautiful anemones attached under a pier. Anyone know if theres a way to convince them to let go the pilings and come live in my tank?

2. fishboy93256

fishboy93256 AC Members

Jan 28, 2009
    no and i dont think thas leagle

3. GregAW

GregAW AC Members

Retired due to Outsourcing
    Oct 22, 2009
    What would happen if you cut a piece off and transplanted that into your tank? I saw where a guy divided his by cutting them up.

4. corinna

corinna AC Members

running a marina for pleasure craft
    Sep 13, 2009
    Here it is Fishboy, Im in Italy and as long as I dont make money or use subaqua gear I can take Just about what I want apart from dolphins....dont think cutting would be easy cos these anemones are thin stalked(actinia viridis)

5. GregAW

GregAW AC Members

Retired due to Outsourcing
    Oct 22, 2009
  6. Chilly Willie

Chilly Willie AC Members

Apr 23, 2010
    I've read that the best tool for this is a disposable plastic spoon, turned upside down. the spoon becomes a wedge with no sharp corners. when you get about half of the spoon end under the anemone, you move over and pry the adjoining part of the animal. It's a slow process, so I hope you won't have to hold your breath while doing in over multiple dives.