Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

baby anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone' started by KLelle, Aug 8, 2010.

1. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

Student
    Jun 21, 2012
    so when i got this live rock i noticed something very tiny growing on it and a few months later i identified it as an anemone it's grown quite a bit since then but is still very small, i was wondering if any of you know ways to help it grow i have liquid food and growth stimulator they both say to feed three times a week would it hurt it to feed it more or would that help it grow? i'll attach a picture just in case it's actually not an anemone.

Attached Files:

2. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

IT/sales
    Oct 27, 2014
    Going to need better and closer pics to get any sort of accurate ID.

3. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

Student
    Jun 21, 2012
    hmm i've tried and my camera won't focus that close i'll try with another camera when i can find one

4. Robert04

Robert04 Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert

Feb 5, 2015
    Looks like some kind of shroom.

5. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

Student
    Jun 21, 2012
    a shroom really? it has little tentacles and stuff when you look at it from on top or at least things poking out that i assumed were tentacles

6. Robert04

Robert04 Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert

Feb 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

Though it looks a little like these ricordia, unless your talking about the pale bubble tip to the right?

7. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

Student
    Jun 21, 2012
    no no not the bubble tip, and you're right it does kinda look like those just not as fully grown do ricordia shrivel up at night into a little ball? that's what this little guy does when the light goes off then opens back up in the day time

8. RiVerfishgirl

RiVerfishgirl AC Members

Oct 2, 2012
    You sure it's not a brown button polyp? They have tiny tentacle looking things around the edges. It could be a mojano or something (pest anemone), they look similar, but I can't see it good.

9. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

Student
    Jun 21, 2012
    there's tentacles everywhere not just along the sides, it hasn't reproduced or anything and i've had it for about 5 months now so if it is a pest it's not acting very pesty

10. RiVerfishgirl

RiVerfishgirl AC Members

Oct 2, 2012
    Sounds more like a mojano. Could also be a riccordia mushroom or something. It would help if you can get a pic more from the top.

The mojanos that showed up in my tank didn't spread very fast, nothing like aiptasia, so that doesn't mean it's not one.

Can't tell from the pic though.

Mushrooms do shrivel up at times, especially if they're trying to eat something floating in the water, but mojanos act similar.