Bally's 40B

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Tested the phosphates and nitrates, phosphates were .16 and nitrates were 0. Currently running some GFO and hoping to get that urchin after xmas

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So I haven't seen the tank in 3 months, all I know is that the Tennenti Tang passed away suddenly and the tank had to be torn apart to get him out. The corals are slowly being sold off as in about a year the tank will be broken down to be moved, likely across the country.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Now the fun begins!
I need to figure out how to move the tank, both equiptment and livestock from Ohio to California....
I have a company that will be moving all the household items, so the equiptment is taken care of but I have no clue on how to transport the fishes.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
That long of a trip is going to take circulation and heat for the livestock and even then its risky. Then you have the issue of the LR. Just keeping the LR wet isn't going to be enough. It will need circulation too or there will be too much die off not to have a decent cycle. Probably best to sell off the livestock.

If you do decide to sell off the livestock, keep the rock. It would be best to keep it wet but even a little water will do. The tank will recycle but you probably won't be able to sell your rock for the same cost as what it will take for you to re-buy it in California.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store