Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Black moor

Discussion in 'Coldwater Illness and Disease' started by suzanna1988, Dec 15, 2010.

1. suzanna1988

suzanna1988 Registered Member

Hi Guys my Black moor seems to have something wrong with his eyes they went red like there was blood behind his eyes yesterday then today he has like white cotton stuff covering his eyes, I am sure he can’t see I have attached some pics for you to look at any suggestions or if anybody could tell me what it is would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

P141210_15.22_[01].jpg

P141210_15.23_[01].jpg

P141210_15.24.jpg

P151210_19.29.jpg

P151210_19.28_[03].jpg

2. shaynablizard

shaynablizard AC Members

It looks like some type of bacterial infection to me. I don't know a lot about goldfish, so I'm not going to recommend medications, but I would start by doing a large water change ASAP and add some aquarium salt.

3. suzanna1988

I have done a full water change, will try the aquarium salt. Thanks for your Help.

4. suzanna1988

Anybody else have any idea on what is wrong with him? also he is spending a lot of time at the top of the tank.

5. shaynablizard

shaynablizard AC Members

Hopefully you'll get some other replies on this issue to help you out from others who have goldfish. In the meantime, I would test your water to find out what condition it is in and make sure he's separated from other fish. Usually stress, injuries, and poor water conditions are the main reasons bacterial infections develop.

6. Haydn24

Haydn24 Boo!

Waitor
    you did a full water change? like one hundred percent? try only doing fifty percent changes as the water needs to stay relatively established. how big is the tank? do you know the water parameters?

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com

7. Rbishop

Rbishop The glistening drop....
    Staff Member

Production Manager
    I moved the thread to coldwater illness section for you.

Water parameters from a good liquid test kit would help, as would more info about your tank set up, other tank mates and what your normal maintenance routine is.

The water has nothing to do with the tank being established actually...keep water changes at 50% daily until you can provide more info.