Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

**** BLUE ANGELFISH VIDEO JOURNAL ****

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by rudy102, Feb 15, 2012.

1. rudy102

rudy102 AC Members

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi everyone this is my Blue Angelfish Video Journal: :popcorn:Here is my 130G planted community tank:[YT]kWnHHk_UwRg&feature=plcp&context=C39982bfUDOEgsToPDskIt1Mw5PD0vc6v4Z_rzDZt1[/YT]I have 3 breeding pairs of Blue Angelfish in my big tank. Here is one of the pairs laying eggs:[YT]wE5J0sh0y1o&feature=plcp&context=C38693dfUDOEgsToPDskIbujsumOR5UlEyG6UEM_L6[/YT]Front View:[YT]cdIsD6F6IeM&feature=plcp&context=C32447b5UDOEgsToPDskL0Q3JDHEEgEonghn17Y7AZ[/YT]Close up zoom view:[YT]9FXnkZr4n-8&feature=plcp&context=C30fa21fUDOEgsToPDskKeX_jyu9gPztiuyPHCbZ6V[/YT]Since the eggs were not surviving, I put one pair in a breeding tank. Two days later we have eggs.[YT]I6kFcw4nLz0&feature=plcp&context=C38f3266UDOEgsToPDskLflicfrV5BZxCwDkILWEPE[/YT]3 day old eggs changing into wigglers.[YT]rVZnmrt7F2Q&feature=plcp&context=C3e8808eUDOEgsToPDskJ197JMbm3yf0tvPngslzl1[/YT]Day 4 ( Wigglers)[YT]MtmqMLAD74c&feature=plcp&context=C3647382UDOEgsToPDskIg0U1K1Uug0w6qtCg6Xgyt[/YT]Day 7 (THE FAMILY) [YT]TI1W4zva3I0&feature=plcp&context=C3ecd68bUDOEgsToPDskKkkIAaptJ6vJpqchMkO9rU[/YT][YT]CsSebVuLhPQ&feature=plcp&context=C37de475UDOEgsToPDskIlsNzwekfRQDPtnXJCN00w[/YT]Angelfish can get quite aggressive when they have fry around [YT]n4K_OcvS-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C36085f7UDOEgsToPDskJ9B8apxSeGL5kh-e9Q796Z[/YT]They will even attack you!!!!!! [YT]isMlY8_VRTU&feature=plcp&context=C3db3046UDOEgsToPDskJBjujqTu2bYZ_JWaSCCXbF[/YT]After not believing it the first time I tried again!!!![YT]u6T3mf-2BFI&feature=plcp&context=C3202e54UDOEgsToPDskLt60Hv4h75m80aD4YxaQJP[/YT]I stoped bugging them since it stresses them out and left them alone with the fry. The next day I attempted to feed the fry. Success !!!!! full bellies !!!! [YT]NQrsg0_yUJQ&feature=plcp&context=C35f93edUDOEgsToPDskLkQVbe_N1PgNdEjF3wa-o-[/YT]Soon after I took out the parents. The fry are growing fast. ( DAY 21) [YT]1UmxNPWEcY4&feature=plcp&context=C3397976UDOEgsToPDskJWzCmnbgBuXGoonKobkmju[/YT]They are getting bigger everyday ( 1 MONTH) [YT]MYO_eCbjjmM&feature=plcp&context=C3750871UDOEgsToPDskIXS8kT1uBQaKSE60o1pIVq[/YT]Fins are developed ( 1 1/2 MONTHS) [YT]bZrjRCtW_uE&feature=plcp&context=C3ee8138UDOEgsToPDskKBxWojpJtzN1h4E6MrKl0x[/YT]Looking more and more like the parents. Some color and striping showing ( 2 MONTHS)[YT]5aa2dVGJ9ss&feature=plcp&context=C363a1e6UDOEgsToPDskIROHYY22xbdv91v16_rODK[/YT]Close Up Zoom[YT]thRXUW_B-qE&feature=plcp&context=C394078cUDOEgsToPDskKc0YXWrv8iw3JA7zlPxxED[/YT]Which brings us to present day. I will add videos of their progression. Thanks for watching

2. Slappy*McFish

Slappy*McFish Backhanded fish to the face!
    Staff Member

Yesterday at 10:38 PM
  3. Bushkill

Bushkill Registered Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing those videos. I bred angels a long time ago, and this really brings back memories. Like a lot of people, I could never get reliable parents and ended up hatching the eggs in a separate container almost exclusively. I think your pair's experience in a community tank most likely instilled the parenting instinct in them. A theory at least.
    And you display is awesome as well.

4. AquaticAustin

AquaticAustin AC Members

Full time student at UF vet school
    May 2, 2015
    That is so cool!

5. NB_Aquatics

NB_Aquatics AC Members

Mar 9, 2015
    Amazing journal! And awesome angels, you going to have them up for sale soon?

6. Big Mike

Big Mike Large Member

Factory worker
    Apr 8, 2013
    Great videos!!! Love your tank!!

7. iheartbettas

iheartbettas AC Members

May 12, 2013
    that's awesome how protective the parents are and didn't eat the fry. great vids! Great quality too!

8. rudy102

rudy102 AC Members

Aug 15, 2012

I was lucky. So far all 3 pairs are good parents. I they learned their lesson laying eggs in my big tank. Because of that they take extra care of their young.

9. rudy102

rudy102 AC Members

Aug 15, 2012
    Yes. As soon as they start out growing my 29G breeder I will have to start selling them off. I will keep a few in my big tank.

10. rudy102

rudy102 AC Members

Aug 15, 2012
    Thanks!!!! Glad you like it.