BoCoMo's 40G Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Agreed, nice trachy! Careful with the LEDs over it.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Slight change of direction: Wife wasn't very excited about SPS so this tank will be zoa dominated now and the SPS tank will have to wait until I get my office ready for it's tank.

I have already added 14 types of zoa's and a purple & rose ricordea (evidently it 'needed some pink')

Current stock list:

Zoas:
Atomic Eagle Eyes
Whammin Watermelons
Mystery Zoa #1
Mystery Zoa #2
Yellow Camo People Eaters
Armor of GOD's
BamBam's
Ultra Peach Rainbow 'Vice Zoas'
Rainbow Shaman 'Vice Zoas'
Joker 'Vice Zoas'
Ultra Pangaea 'Vice Zoas'
Gold Melt 'Vice Zoas'
Miami Vice 'Vice Zoas'
Copper-Magenta Shaman 'Vice Zoas'
Purple Denim 'Vice Zoas'
Ultra Aqua Fresh 'Vice Zoas'

Others:
Ricordea
Trachy
GSP

(pics to come)

Also, 6 more zoas to arrive first of April.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
I haven't been able to take my own pics but these are the ones from Aquascapers website where I got the corals.

Yellow Camo People Eaters

Ultra Peach Rainbow 'Vice Zoas'

Rainbow Shaman 'Vice Zoas'

Ultra Pangaea 'Vice Zoas'

Gold Melt 'Vice Zoas'

Miami Vice 'Vice Zoas'

Copper-Magenta Shaman 'Vice Zoas'

Purple Denim 'Vice Zoas'

Ultra Aqua Fresh 'Vice Zoas'

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Almost all of the new frags are looking great and the only frag that is being shy are the bambam's so I moved them to a lower flow/lower light area.

Here are a few update photos (I took a ton more but I am still trying to figure out how to take good photos with LED lights and my iPhone as the two don't seem to want to play well together.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice choices with the zoas! IMO, the best way to do zoas is to do just a couple or go all out and make it a zoa tank. They just don't seem to do well in a "mixed reef".

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Thanks. This was to be an SPS dominated tank but since it is going in the sunroom my wife has equal say & she likes zoas. I agree with you so I decide to make it Z & P dominated and I will have a few SPS towards the top to break it up a bit (Unless I get overruled again) then I will set the new office tank up as my SPS tank. This way we both win! :)

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I like the tank! :) Zoanthids have a variety of colors, and they look amazing under LED's. If I had a choice between zoas and SPS... I'd go the zoanthid route :) I think SPS look kind of weird usually IMO, but there are some good ones out there.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store