breeding bn plecos in a 20 gallon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i was wondering if a breeding pair of bn plecos in a 20 gallon.the other stock would be 6 black neons 6 neons 1 betta and a electric blue ram.

sinibotia

AC Members
Aug 31, 2014
I've done it in a 26 before, so a 20 should be fine. That said, your stocking plan seems a little high considering that BNs get to a moderate size and will be breeding.. I would opt for maybe 8 of one of the types of neons, and maybe choose either the betta or the ram.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Hmm i might opt to keep my little unknown sex albino bristle nose pleco single.Still only a inch so too young to sex.

sinibotia

AC Members
Aug 31, 2014
If it's an albino, then if you do decide to breed it, in my experience albino bristlenose and regulars wont breed. I've heard otherwise but I never got it to happen. (I did get my regular male to breed with a regular female but never an albino female)

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well i would get another albino if i did want to breed....yeah thats the same thing with my cories my 2 albinos breed and my emerald and bronze breed but never with the different ones.i think they are racist fish.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
does anybody else have "racist" fish?and also ballaquatics cool pic.they are so tiny and so cute.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
You could always try adding a few rams and seeing if you can get them to breed :)
well i have a electric blue ram.i dont know if it is a she or a he.could anybody show me a way to sex them mine is young i think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store