Brichardi vs Pulcher: Which should I choose?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I agree Brichardi's i have a breeding pair right now.. Razzo that C. Brichardi is off the hook, I wish i still had mine..

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Thanks for the input so far guys! Just wondering, why is it that you prefer brichardi to pulcher or vice versa? Just wondering.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Daffodils break down pretty bad over time actually when they are older they look like a malnourished fish, Just my opinion i think that the regular Brichardi's look better..

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
When breeding either of these fish, is it possible to get the fry up to 1-1.5" before removing them from the parents? I am wondering because I would like to sell some. If not, at what size should I remove the fry?

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Both species are supposed to be colonial species. This means that you can have a few generations of them in the same tank without any problems, because they form a colony in which the younger siblings help to protect the newborn fry. In a 55gal, you may not have to remove the fry then. However, IMHO, I think that regular brichardis are a better colonial species than daffodils.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I would say that the bigger ones at 1.5 to 2" would be a good start, just do not remove them all it may offset the colony, wait til you have a good colony going like 3 generations..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
But in a 29gal I think it will be difficult to wait for 3 generations, without having to remove some fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store