Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Bristlenose Pleco & Rubber-Lipped Pleco

Discussion in 'Plecos' started by Jellymolly44, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Jellymolly44

Jellymolly44 Handsome Fella

Baptist Hospital East Custodian.
    Aren't these plecos solitary? Or do they need one more of their kind? I have one of each in a 75 gallon aquarium.

2. Wycco

Wycco Eat more pine trees

Bladder Snail Trainer
    Rubber-Lipped are fine by themselves- they tolerate others given enough territory and hiding spots- I have one in my tank- wish I had a male for her because she occasionally swells with eggs... be interesting to see if I could breed her.

Some of them may have an issue with Plecos of other species- others are fine- from what I've read depends on personality- and probably the exact species because I believe there are several that all go by the same common name.

3. gotglock

gotglock The CowBacon Movement

Infra Admin
    My rubber lips would sometimes fight for a log but generally got along. As far as bristlenose plecos, mine is pretty docile towards others. Sometimes kicks the little pleco out of the good spots.