Can i Use Well Water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
did you check with the supplier/breeder to see how they do their water.
I say this as many breeders use large filters for their water and add back trace minerals as needed.
that said most Discus that are domestically bred are fine within a fairly large range of water conditions(tho discus tend to fare better with super clean water)

they , like most fish prefer live food but that is not without risk.Blood worms are the larval stage of midge files..meaning they will eventually turn into midges.
they can be frozen and fed..but if you are going to try and get live blood worms that also carries risks..for humans as well as the discus.

if you can get to simplydiscus.com you can get recipes for foods.. goat heart sans the fat should be fine.... fresh fish , shrimp etc are often used to make up foods for the discus keepers.
Yes Star Rider I got the beef heart Mix Recipe from Simply Discus.com and I am Doing a 50% WC on Daily Basic, About Blood Worms I Will Think Again weather to Feed it to My discus or Not,

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
Soft water is only a needed for egg fertilization, the rest of the time harder water is beneficial to bone growth and other mineral needs the fish have. So if you are just growing the fish out you would only need to acclimate them to your water and keep it changed often.
Just one Question if I Use the Dried Indian Almond Leaf in the Discus tank will it Soften the Water Condition Have used these Leaves while Breeding Bettas the only Problem was water would turn into Brownish Color.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
the brown aka tea stain is part of the black water tank.

yes tannins will lower pH. I use then all the time along with alder cones and oak leaves.

the leaves will also host infusoria which is beneficial if you have newly Hatched fry.. my baby apisto cacatuoides and microgeophagus altispinosa(bolivian rams) are benefiting from them in my tanks with fry.
personally I think the addition of the tannins is what has made these tanks successful as other tanks with the same set up sans the leaves and cones are not having the same results.

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
the brown aka tea stain is part of the black water tank.

yes tannins will lower pH. I use then all the time along with alder cones and oak leaves.

the leaves will also host infusoria which is beneficial if you have newly Hatched fry.. my baby apisto cacatuoides and microgeophagus altispinosa(bolivian rams) are benefiting from them in my tanks with fry.
personally I think the addition of the tannins is what has made these tanks successful as other tanks with the same set up sans the leaves and cones are not having the same results.
Thanks

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
20141014_121112_1.jpg20141014_121132.jpg20141014_121127.jpg
HERE ARE Few pics Took from My Cell, For all These I Paid Total of $ 48.00, 2red cover,2red Map, 2 Red Spiders,

Pls do leave comments on the Quality

20141014_121112_1.jpg 20141014_121127.jpg 20141014_121132.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store