Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Clownfish not eating

Discussion in 'Damsel / Anemone Fish' started by AC2020x, Feb 26, 2009.

1. AC2020x

AC2020x AC Members

High School/ lifeguard
    Hey, I have 2 Ocellaris and one of them never seems to be eating at all (at least not that I see) I got my first about a week ago and the first day or two he ate but only a little and what was right in front of him. (now he moves around more though). My 2nd clown I got 2 days ago and he's a tiny bit bigger, Since I got him he has some filmy looking stuff on him and doesn't look as good as the other one. I hope he's not sick, and he doesn't seem to be eating much either. I have tried feeding him mysis shrimp and marnie flakes(which my other clown seems to love). BTW these 2 clowns came from the same place, and the 2nd one is a little bigger. Any idea why he's not eating? Also this morning I found him at the bottom of the tank, which the clowns are never there. But after turning the lights back on he seems back to normal, just not really eating.!?!??!?!?!?!

Thanks,
    AC

2. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

IT/sales
    Any kind of film is a bad sign. How fast did it proceed and has it gotten any worse? It could mean the difference between a slower moving, easily treated bacterial infection or a full blown case of brooklynellosis, which kills very quickly. Any pics, extra observations, water parameters, etc. would help out.

3. Random name

Random name AC Members

brooklynellosis, like Amphphrion said. I had a fish that I thought was sick with what i thought was brooklynella, but both of my fish ate. But, the day before he died, he didn't seem to eat at all. I had 2 of my fish die the day they finally "kicked the bucket"

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210285

go to that link and tell me if what happened was similar to what your experiencing. I am referring to the first paragraph mainly.