Conskis 3rd attempt at a Solana Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
i bet the under so i wasnt to excited about that hahaha! but yeah it was nuts here, if they can beat the pats there will be riots!!

well Jmski we can make a mesh top or try to atleast next time your over.

still havent tested the water for trites, gonna give it a few more days i think

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
If they can beat the Pats at home next week it would be a miracle. I don't see it happening but I can always hope for it.

With ammonia at 8, ya, it is going to take a while, so you could wait a week or 2 before testing for nitrites I would imagine.

Mesh tops are very easy to make, go to Home Depot and get the screen frame material and the roller to push the rubber into it. Only power tool I used was a jigsaw the cut the frame to size/shape and I made a very nice mesh screen top on my first attempt for my 55G.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Believe one of the ballast broke cause two bulbs arent broke on the ATI, also the fan needs to be replaced.. hope to have all this fixed by the time the tank is done cycling and i can go bat **** crazy stocking it with corals other wise ill have to do a quick fix and use my old 250watt Sunbeam

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Good to see you taking another crack at it. It can get discouraging sometimes. I had almost given up on my current build due to dinoflagellates overrunning it, as well, but managed to get them under control by letting the tank pH swing freely (which required less aeration) during peak photosynthesis hours. Will be keeping an eye out on this thread and hoping for the best luck this time around.

Jmski333

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Real Name
Jordan
reefgeek.com has direct replacement parts for the ATI sunpower, If you want i can order what you need. You should try and find the clips for your solona, I'm not sure how we're gonna get that tank suicide proof.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Suicide PRONE is okay. Proof is a little to much to ask for. id rather you look at the light next time your around to see what ya htink needs to be done then we can go ahead and order it.

Amph, im so sorry for you dude.. i hope you win the fight that i simply just could not!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
They have a BSJ on Divers Den today. $100 though. They used to be $150 all over the place but I have seen them now at my LFS for $50 as a normal price for them. They are not that hard to get so your LFS should be able to get you one easily and it would be a lot cheaper than Divers Den. Actually, looking at the picture more closely, the DD one looks a little too skinny for my taste, I wouldn't risk it myself.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversde...ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

They have had some McCoskers Flasher Wrasses the last few days as well.. I REALLY REALLY like those fish, just can't keep them in the tank myself (but haven't tried since jump proofing my tanks)
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversde...ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
cannot believe the pats lost to the bills.. glad i bet the over though :)

yeah i always look at the McCoksers but ive been drawn to the redtail or blue tail for a while!

anyways, ammonia is at 0, and trites are at 5 or higher. Cycles almost done.. yay :)

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Cycles done soooo..

Ordered my clown pair. This is what they both look like (this is actually one of them :) )

had a sexy pair of snowflakes on there, but for some reason i really like these fancy whites alot!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store