Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

coppersafe treatment help!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by linbeg, Dec 23, 2010.

1. linbeg

linbeg AC Members

Jan 8, 2014
    i have a 30g tank treated with Coppersafe. The medication stated that the whole medication last 1 month, so I just leave the water alone. The medication also says that if I lets say do a 2g water change, the replaced water should be treated with the copper treatment. However, If water evaporation lets say 0.5 gallons, do i just add 0.5 gallons or fresh water or 0.5 gallons of fresh water with the copper treatment?

2. Cerianthus

Cerianthus AC Members

Aug 24, 2013
    First of all, in order to max the effects of Cu or to minimize poisoning effects, you should have Cu test kits to keep Cu level stablized. Check the instruction sheets for proper level. If memory serves, 0.15 ppm for most fishes.

Depending on the substrates/Decos/Rocks, first full dose may not even register/reach recommended Cu level. You may need to dose in different amt again, and again to reach recommended level. Test results should give you some ideas if need to redose and/or even how much to redose with.

I am not a fan of Coppersafe but should add/replace as per test results.

Provided you have stablized Cu level, you need to replace Cu removed during wc. Again testing should tell you if you need to add more/less than what was removed.

Cu, a heavy metal, would not be removed due to evaporation thus topping off due to evaporation should not require additional dosing.

Hope all goes well!

btw, I personally think you maybe over reacting to what you may perceived as disease on GSP if this is same tank. But again, I am NOT there to assess the possible problem(s).

PICSPICSPICS?

#2 Cerianthus, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  3. linbeg

linbeg AC Members

Jan 8, 2014
    yeah, sorry. I probably was, he seems happy and fine now.lol.thanks:)