Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Corner Filter

Discussion in 'Freshwater Equipment, Products, & DIY' started by iJohno, Feb 24, 2012.

1. iJohno

iJohno AC Members

Oct 8, 2013
    Are there any good corner filters that dont require the use of an air pump? My air pump creates such a painful hum and rumbling that it bugs my roommates and myself, something I do not want running 24/7.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Metaframe junky

Student
    Oct 31, 2013
    well you could hook a power head to a sponge filter

3. Rbishop

Rbishop The glistening drop....
    Staff Member

Production Manager
    Yesterday at 7:58 PM
    Can you post a picture of the corner filter you have or a link to it? Might help for more options available to you.

4. platytudes

platytudes AC Members

Mar 29, 2014
    Sounds like you just need a quieter air pump. What kind do you have?

This is the quietest and powers up to a 10 gallon tank, you can always get a valve to adjust the flow also:
    http://www.aquariumguys.com/whisper...6_a_7cTS0929&gclid=CL-gjJydua4CFQ2f7QodAHeYNA
    [​IMG]

http://www.aquariumguys.com/twowayvalve.html
    [​IMG]

To answer your question though, I don't know of any corner filters that don't need an air pump. They are designed to be driven by air, so they need an air pump to work. There are power sponge filters which you can use with a small powerhead, or you could just get an internal filter like a Whisper 10i, or a Fluval U1 and call it good...

The Whisper 3i needs an air pump, and the tiny one it provides is surprisingly loud for its size.