Corydoras habrosus- is this suitable?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alyssabubbles

AC Members
Dec 16, 2013
I'm planning on buying about 3-5 corydoras habrosus. However, after doing some research, I got paranoid as to whether my tank would allow these little guys to thrive. It's currently a 10 gallon by TopFin with LED light. Gravel is regular gravel from TopFin. They would be living with a halfmoon doubletailed betta.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
not familiar with the topfin gravel.if it is rounded it should work,although the do better in sandy substrates.in that size tank you should shoot for 5-7.keep them in quarantine for atleast 2 weeks.introduce them in small groups,with a week or slightly longer in between.this way your bacterial colony will be able to keep up.i have habrosus with my crowntail male. they are doing great.it does depend on the individual temperaments of the betta fish. some are friendlier than others.it is best to have an extra tank for qt/back up plan if they are not getting along.

OBlitzO

AC Members
Sep 12, 2012
Up-state New York
I have to second what SANDYBOTTOM said. Some people say 10 gallon is too small for cory cats. I disagree, however longer oddball dimensions of 10 gal tanks are better than a generic 10 gal. Get 5-6 of them. I have some cory cats and I highly recomend sand for them. They love it. You don't have to worry about sharper substrates weathering their barbels (whisker like structures) and they really like to forage around in it.

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Your set-up is fine. The gravel is fine aswell just keep ammonia down if you don't want their barbels to wear. The 10gal should also be plenty of room for them just provide them some cover if the betta gets feisty.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I agree, the cores will be fine in that set up. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store