Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

Crab id

Discussion in 'Marine Invertebrates' started by jabbott, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jabbott

jabbott Registered Member

May 26, 2011
    This guy hitchhiked on a piece of rock.

Friend or foe?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chrisstager

chrisstager AC Members

Jun 30, 2011
    Looks like an emerald crab to me. I have two dam near paid ten bucks for one

3. gatotsu77

gatotsu77 AC Members

Feb 3, 2012
    Disagree with above... looks more like an Xanthid crab, which are generally considered bad. The black tips to the claws are generally a bad sign. Any chance you could snag a clearer photo of the crab? (I wouldn't just jump to flushing it, some people actually want these, but I might try to isolate it if you can catch it)

4. Cerianthus

Cerianthus AC Members

Aug 24, 2013
    Looks very similar to one which did a number on my Emeperor Angel which was removed and fed to my 18" Queen Trigger (Snack).

If has rounded pincher, it should be ok but if has sharp/pointed pincher, I would removed if and when possible via crab trap.

5. jabbott

jabbott Registered Member

May 26, 2011
    I got a little better pic of it
    [​IMG]

6. melissadotson

melissadotson AC Members

Jan 22, 2013
    it's BAD!!!!feed it to a trigger....i had 1 of those in my tank and he killed some of my fish.....and it looked exatly like that one...