Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

cross breeding?

Discussion in 'Plecos' started by unseenone00, Nov 26, 2011.

1. unseenone00

unseenone00 AC Members

Part-Time LFS worker!
    Jan 1, 2013
    Would cross breeding between a marble red LF BNpleco and albino LF BNpleco work? I have not bought either yet and can not decide on which ones I want. I do want two and wouldn't mind if they bred so I was thinking of getting 1 of each and was wondering if they would crossbreed? That is of course depending on if I get both M and F

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka AC Members

Mar 14, 2015
    They're the same species, just different varieties, so yes, they will breed together.

3. dbosman

dbosman AC Members

Jan 27, 2013
  4. TwoTankAmin

Saturday at 12:38 PM
    Unless one knows more about the parents and grandparents of a given fish those charts are not of much use. I had a lovely group of alibino lfs- I spawned several different combos all of which produced 100% non-albino fry. These fry when old enough did throw some albinos but most of their fry did not have long fins- whether albino or regular color.