did i get jipped on my electric blue JD? pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
I would neve rbuy from somthingsphishy... there was a story on one of the discus forums... someone ordered Heckels and he sent browns. Sorry you got jipped by him and I hope the best for your little BD

The best you can do is leave feedback in any forum that offers the option that you are a regular at; he didn't seem a reputable enough dealer anyway to actually allow the poor feedback to stay.

Black_Moor

Aquarium = The Anti-Prozac!
Dec 10, 2005
Seattle
I saw electric blue's when I was at the Lfs the otherday and they were black as onyx with bright blue .. your's almost looks like a regular that is off color or sick :(

As a Kid dad use to have a giant tank of Jack Dempsy's great fish, and can be very smart.

Vaderbanger wrote:
where can i spread the word that this place is bad news?
I think from the number that use this site you've started to spread the word already :) I've not seen anything good said of them yet from other postings.

Last edited:

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

I try to be a trusting person and I want to believe you didn't get ripped off. It doese look simlar to my EB. MIne has more blue though. He was whiter when I got him and hopefuly yours will pick up more blue.

reefrash

bartender another round of skimmate
Dec 1, 2005
Montara, Ca.
www.robincampbellband.com
That looks like an EB to me, the mouth is as a result of poor culling. EBs are not cheap and if the fish has a deformity I'd be pissed too. If it's any consolation no somethingsphishy for me. Good luck.

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
hes eating well so thats good :eek:
i got him some freeze dried tubifex worms (the cubes, hikari brand)
and he can get alot of it in his mouth, i guess because it is soft
do EB's grow slow??

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
I think there is a good lesson learned here. I got tired of dealing with unproven online fishstores and fighting my LFS. Bite the bullet and go with a reputable breeder in the future, sure it may be $50 more, but how much is your time and hassel worth?

My 2-cents

Richard

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
true true
your avatar is adorable!

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
its not a regular dempsey, its probably just a low quality one. stick with rapps for new world cichlids.

Flowerhorn916

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Sacramento, Ca
Usally a good electric blue is around 40+ next time just ask the lfs to order some and you can pick out the best ones they never had a problem doing it for me. I have 3 right now I have had for mabey 4 months and they are around 2.5-3" my ? is do they grow as big as a reg jd?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store