Dwarf Blue Crayfish (Cambarellus Shufeldtii)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I had eight of little crayfish waiting in the mail for me when I came home for a late lunch today about 2:00. They all arrived healthy and happy looking. They started eating right away and a couple started to fight each other over the food! The smallest two were right at 0.5" but most of them were almost 0.75". They all have pretty good blue color for still being so small too.

I put them all in my 10gal Cherry shrimp tank for now though I will spread them out into another 10gal and maybe two in my Fluval EBI after they have had a chance to settle in for awhile.

Enjoy!

Blue Crays 025.JPG Blue Crays 018.JPG Blue Crays 020.JPG Blue Crays 027.JPG Blue Crays 028.JPG Blue Crays 021.JPG Blue Crays 019.JPG

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
They are just like the Dwarf Mexican Crayfish (Cambarellus Patzcuarensis (var. orange ) or CPO's.Orange) Plant and fish safe! They only time I have seen a dwarf cray eat a fish it was one that had already died. They maximum size is about 1.25-1.5" so they stay very small. I love having them in my tanks as they are fun to watch and seem to be pretty active (always crawling around the tank exploring)

I got them from an Aquabid seller, recommended to me by a user here on the forums!

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Got a good closeup shot of one of them (makes them look bigger than they are)!

B lue Cray updates 003.JPG

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I keep both my Orange ones (CPO's) and Blue ones with snails. They don't mess with the bigger ones, but baby ones can end up a snack which is fine by me. Though they say eating snails can make the Blue ones loose their color? (guess I'll find out if that's true or not)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store