dwarf puffer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Not interacting with you is also not good. Even when he is not hungry, he should react to you. What exactly are all your main water parameters (temperature, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph)? Saying that ph and nitrate are normal doesn't really help without a number.

chefman

AC Members
May 6, 2015
it seems to be a bit better but he is still swimming slowly at the bottom. the temperature is 76 degrees, ammonia is 0 i believe, nitrates are zero and ph is 7.0 i am going to bring in the water to my lps in a few minutes to double check and buy a different test kit

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Yes blood worms are good I would also suggest ghost shrimp if it's too big for him just simply scissor the shrimp in half then give it my green spotted puffer loves this

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Yes blood worms are good I would also suggest ghost shrimp if it's too big for him just simply scissor the shrimp in half then give it my green spotted puffer loves this
I think ghost shrimp might be too big for a dwarf puffer, even cut into pieces.

live foods work well, especially smaller ramshorn snails, bladder snails, pond snails, or live blackworms always work well IME.

chefman

AC Members
May 6, 2015
i have been feeding him nuisance snails which i just figured out are technically pond snails i believe and blood worms my local petco didn't have ghost shrimp so i got brine shrimp to feed him as well

Last edited:

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
it seems to be a bit better but he is still swimming slowly at the bottom. the temperature is 76 degrees, ammonia is 0 i believe, nitrates are zero and ph is 7.0 i am going to bring in the water to my lps in a few minutes to double check and buy a different test kit
Only thing I see wrong is the temperature. The lower the temp the slower your puffer will be. 76 is right below the comfort zone. If your other fish allow, I would raise it to maybe 79 (slowly not all at once). My F8 puffers have 81 degree water and like it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store