Easy to care for, fast stockings for "smaller" tanks (5-29 gallons)-discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I find that to be interesting as I stocked 2 angels in a 20 long for quite sometime with no issues including breeding. I also had housed them in a 20H at one point. I am curious as to your reasoning.

see above

Please if you would esplain I would appreciate it.
I think the height scares some people (20 longs are only 12" tall)...

I probably wouldn't go smaller than 30 gallons other than for breeding. I've seen angels breed regularly in 10 gallons...

Doc7

AC Members
Nov 18, 2010
Hello - (first post!) - I have a 20 Tall with 3 zebra danios in it right now (fishy cycle underway). It is my first tank. I still have no nitrite levels (3+ weeks in, keeping ammonia ppm low with frequent gravel vac and water changes) so I have a while.

You have no 20-talls listed with zebra danios so I'm looking for a bit of advice. Would a dwarf gourami, 7 danios, and 6 pygmy cories be ok? I heard I might have trouble finding the pygmies in a store... I have an AquaClear 30 HOB running.

Here is a pic of my tank...I need to feel the substrate to see how sharp it is regarding the cories...are there changes I need to make to the plastic plants / decor for happy fish?

Thank you...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store