Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Finally got my dream loach!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by petluvr, Jun 15, 2011.

1. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

mgr of local pizza hut
    May 7, 2015
    I went to a large pet store while at the beach and asked if they carried hillstream loaches and was told no. While browsing the store guess what I run across, my dream fish that I have been after for two years Sewellia Lineolata, mislabeled as pleco (sp)...LOL...Anywho after showing off my considerable knowledge and pointing out to the store mgr that they were mislabeled I am now the proud owner of two these little guys. They are not real fond of the camera right now so this is about as good a pic as I can get.

Attached Files:

2. Mgamer20o0

Mgamer20o0 BobsTropicalPlants.com
    Staff Member

Today at 12:41 AM
    not uncommon. they dont get them in as hillstream loach so they dont know better.

3. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

mgr of local pizza hut
    May 7, 2015
    I just would have thought better of this place. Just goes to show no matter how delicious the stock that still doesn't mean the people know what they are talking about...LOL

4. user_name

user_name Senior_Member

Feb 10, 2015
    same goes for people, no matter what they have in their tanks still doesn't mean they know what they're talking about

5. Mgamer20o0

Mgamer20o0 BobsTropicalPlants.com
    Staff Member

Today at 12:41 AM
    but to be fair there are so many different fish out there. while its not a rare fish many stores dont commonly get them.

6. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

mgr of local pizza hut
    May 7, 2015
    I wish more stores would I wouldn't have had to wait 2 years to get these two...LOL....anyway I am just glad to have them :)

7. Khemul

Khemul Sea Bunny

Nov 23, 2014
    Nice find. It's similar around here. They arn't rare, but nobody knows about them if you ask for a "Hillstream Loach". Asking for a "Butterfly Pleco" gets much better results (which is stranger, considering the common name is already taken by an actual pleco).

8. happypoet

happypoet AC Members

Stay-at-home Dad! (I taught High School English in
    May 22, 2015
    Beautiful fish! I'll be getting some this summer. My LFS says they can get them for me. They pop up on aquabid with some frequency otherwise.
    They'll be in a tank set up specifically for them, so I hope to get breeding, which I've read isn't difficult. I'll just have some herbivorous gobies in as tankmates.

9. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

mgr of local pizza hut
    May 7, 2015
    The tank these guys are in was originally set up for them, then when I couldn't find them anywhere I put about 20 or so white clouds in and now the two new loaches :)

10. happypoet

happypoet AC Members

Stay-at-home Dad! (I taught High School English in
    May 22, 2015
    Very nice! Did you do a build thread for the tank?