Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

freshwater hobbist considering trying saltwater.

Discussion in 'Damsel / Anemone Fish' started by bunnyhunter42, May 18, 2010.

1. bunnyhunter42

bunnyhunter42 AC Members

full time student studying large breed veterinary
    like the title says i am all about me some freshwater and not just bettas like my sig says. i was mulling over things and looking at live aquaria and got to looking at the clowns... now im wondering..... could i keep a single clown and a little live rock in lets say a 3 gal pico or a 3 gal deco or would i need bigger? do i need to keep them in pairs? would i need a cleaner shrimp?? or could i have one (i love shrimp)?? pretty much any question you can think of associated with this setup or if it is even possible... also i saw what i assume is a tiny goby of some sort and it was so cute... could he be there to?? i feel like this is going to be slightly annoying for yall to read lol but anything you have to imput will be appreciated! :D

2. bunnyhunter42

bunnyhunter42 AC Members

full time student studying large breed veterinary
    never mind... im thinking the deco would make a great little tank for a couple FW nano fish. i only want a clown and they require much more space so its a no go lol

3. tyler79durdan

tyler79durdan Director Of Plantasia?

Online sales of Aquarium Fish Food
    I think the adventurism of any hobbyist is of great value to that which he/she pursues. A wonderful idea of anyone who would expand the knowledge of varying aspects of a given hobby.

Go for it(if you have the resources)

-Aaron

4. kingken

kingken AC Members

What you could do in a 3 gallon is a bit of live rock, and rather then a clownfish, a clown goby, they are very small, and look relatively similar to a clownfish.

5. dtd87

dtd87 AC Members

Mini reef IMO :p Polyp lab one, 1/2 milliliter a week. = Profit