Frontosa

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
I bought some of the black diamond blasting sand today. It was such a great price $14 for a 100 lb bag. I'm going to be able to do at least six of my smaller tanks with it! Anyway, that's not the point. I really like the blue contrast on the black and really happy with the way they look on it! I actually used a bit of it with my new pair of powder blue dwarf gourami I acquired today and it look stunning with them as well.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool post some photos i am curious about the sand cowgirl..

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
Here you go Pitt! :)
Front's temporary tank (note the one hiding under the sponge filter. . . I'm not sure why they like THAT spot so much
FrontosaSand.JPG
FrontosaSand2.JPG
Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami's
Gourami's.JPG
Krib Tank
KribsSandy.JPG
The sand
Sand.JPG
And the HUGE bag it came in. . . Trying to lug that 100 pound bag up a flight of stairs was quite a challenge. . .
Sand Bag.JPG

FrontosaSand.JPG FrontosaSand2.JPG Gourami's.JPG KribsSandy.JPG Sand.JPG Sand Bag.JPG

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool thanks.. So do you like the sand.. I already have sand in all of my tanks except 2, where did you get this bag at.. BTW Your tanks look good with that sand..

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
So far I am loving it. I haven't had it in there long enough to have to clean it though. The sand seems very heavy and I actually think I may be able to use a vacuum on it, we will see. I got this bag a Sutherlands.
And thank you, I was so excited when I saw how good it looked in there, and the fish all seem to love it. Actually I woke up this morning to a bubble nest in the gourami's and he's trying to entice her now. . . I'm kinda hoping it works! lol

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool well never heard of that place before but i could look around here in Louisville sure we may have it somewhere.. Let me know what you think when you do a gravel vacc.. Your my test subject LOL..

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Hey pitt, black diamond sand is also available at northern tool locations as well, a 50lb bag costs about
$17.
Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
I got mine at farm and fleet for 8$. It vacuums okay, as long as I use the long hose to cut down the suction a bit.
Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
Tried doing a gravel vacc about a day or so ago. I've never had "aquarium store sand" to compare to but it wasn't too bad. It would suck it up if given the chance, but if I just barely ran it across the surface it got all the gunk and left the sand. I just cant dig it down in there like I do with gravel. I do really like it though and I'm incredibly tempted to put it in all of my fry tanks instead of leaving them bare bottomed. Does anyone have any opinions on this, maybe tried this themselves and wished they had stayed with bare bottom, or tried it and loved using substrate for the fry?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store