Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Fungal

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by kjenber, Feb 10, 2011.

1. kjenber

kjenber AC Members

Tree top flyer "No Rely"
    Apr 5, 2011
    I think my hippo has this ...

Marine Fungus
    Other Names: Ichthyophonus, CNS Disease
    Symptoms: Darkening in color, sandpaper appearance of skin, poor appetite, listlessness.
    Comments: This disease is usually associated with stress, sometimes brought on by poor water quality. This is not a very common disease and treatment is very difficult. The fungus is usually introduced into the tank when adding new animals.
    Treatment: Treatment for this disease is difficult. Improve the environment and remove any possible causes of stress. Try a proprietary anti-fungal medication in a hospital tank. Food soaked in phenoxetol can also be effective if the fish is eating.
    Prevention: Insure good water quality and temperature parameters to prevent animals from getting stressed. Stress breaks down the protective mucous coating on a fish and allows the fungus to gain a foothold. Additionally, any new fish should be given a short freshwater bath and kept in a quarantine tank for two to three weeks before being introduced into the main aquarium

MY TANG DEFFINATLY DOSE NOT HAVE ICH IVE BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD AND BACK TWICE OVER .

1.CAN I TREET MY TANK WITH FUNGAL MEDICATION THAT HAS L,R ?

2.IS IT AS HARMFULL AS SOME OF THE ICH TREATMENTS ?

3.CAN I OD MY FISH WITH FUNGAL MEDICATION ?​

2. Cerianthus

Cerianthus AC Members

Aug 24, 2013
    Vid/Pics possible?

Whatever it/they maybe, Would not do it in main tank but in q/t.

You have most of the answers in your post provided it is what you may think it is as it is close to impossible to correctly diagnose, especially internal fungal infection.
    For I know, it may be something totally different with similar visible symptoms. Skin flukes maybe??

Check the eyes closely and post if you see anything abnormal.

Good Luck!

#2 Cerianthus, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011