Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Future Brackish Setup

Discussion in 'Brackish' started by FishDreamer48, Apr 9, 2011.

1. FishDreamer48

FishDreamer48 AC Members

Dec 23, 2014
    Was going to turn my 55 gallon into a saltwater tank, but just can't afford it right now. So I was going to to go brackish. Here is my stocking plan:
    (6) bumblebee gobies
    (2-3) flounders
    (5) female guppies
    (1) male guppy
    (6-12) ghost shrimp
    (1) dragon goby
    (1) knight goby
    (1) peacock gudgeon

Also planning on maybe putting in some java moss and maybe some water sprite.

Thoughts?

2. user_name

user_name Senior_Member

Feb 10, 2015
    BBG are going to dissappear in that size tank, their REALLY small. Flounders are a PIA from what I've heard about them, I don't know much, but it's better to stay away from them.

The rest is fine, you can definitely up the numbers on the others. Have you thought about doing puffers? They're extremely rewarding fish, F8's are great for brackish.

You should check out chromides, they're also cool brackish fish.

Good luck,
    Cam

3. cookymonster760

cookymonster760 AC Members

Mar 7, 2013
    have you thought about putting some desert gobies in there

4. user_name

user_name Senior_Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I believe that those are freshwater, but tolerate VERY low levels of salinity.

5. cookymonster760

Mar 7, 2013
    the tolerate higher levels of salinity than even salt water fish i know because whenever i breed them i have to put a table spoon and a half for every gallon of water

6. FishDreamer48

FishDreamer48 AC Members

Dec 23, 2014
    I read that you could have BBG withs most of those fish since they wouldn't bother them, though it did seem to deny logic so I may have to rethink it especially them being so small and the flow in my tank being so high. I sure do like the buggers though.
    If flounders are that much of a pain I will probably leave them out. SO that opens me to bigger fish potentially. I will leave out the guppies and shrimp so I can go bigger, so here are some others I am not considering:

I love the look of the desert gobies does anyone know where I can get them. Cost is definately a consideration, but I would be willing to consider them given the cost so..revised list is
    dragon goby
    knight goby
    peacock gudgeon
    Desert goby
    Archer
    Scat
    Anaplebs
    Sebae (Monos)
    May consider a puffer just heard they were crazy aggressive and fin nippers
    Chromides
    Or white tip shark cats
    Thoughts?

7. cookymonster760

Mar 7, 2013
  8. FishDreamer48

FishDreamer48 AC Members

Dec 23, 2014
    I can wait, since I don't have the money in my paypal now and I still need to rehome the crayfish I currently have in the tank. How much are you looking are you looking at for you youngins when you get them? May consider getting a bunch of these and breeding them instead of doing a bunch of different fish. or at least getting one or two to go in the tank.

9. cookymonster760

Mar 7, 2013
    well i was thinking of selling them for about 5 bucks when fully grown since they only take about two months to start sexing out

10. FishDreamer48

FishDreamer48 AC Members

Dec 23, 2014
    Okay definitely contact me when they are ready I will probably get a couple to add to the tank, unless my plans change somehow, thanks.