Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Help! BOXFISH poisoned tank!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by Crystalisabel5, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Crystalisabel5

Crystalisabel5 Registered Member

hello everyone,
    i had bought a boxfish a few weeks back and he ended up getting to stressed and dieing in the tank. I took him out right away and flushed him but then i noticed that all my fish were breathing really fast and swimming really slow so i moved them to my other tank. I left my blue legged crabs and starfish in with a few other crabs and snails and things and they ALL died the next day. I emptied the water out and cleaned the rocks and did a nice clean up and then put new water in and got the levels normal. Then i went and bought a fish and it died soon after i put it in the tank. Then i bought another and it did the same thing!! now i dont know what to do. how to i get the poison out of the tank?

2. DoctaQ

DoctaQ all your wheel are belong to us

if youve tested all your levels, try carbon, worst case you might need to replace the rocks if theyve absorbed a lot of toxin

chemipure and purigen could be good too.

a lot of die off could cause ammonia too

#2 DoctaQ, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

IT/sales
    Yes, please give a list of your parameters. Do not buy more fish until that can be confirmed.

4. EmilyMarie85

EmilyMarie85 AC Members

Receptionist
    Wow - that is crazy. I don't dabble in saltwater, but I have seen cow fish and thought they were pretty cute -- not so sure now that I know they are an atomic bomb... ;)

5. Cerianthus

Cerianthus AC Members

If tank has no livestock and parameters are w/in reason, raise the temp as high as you can as heat will break up the any possible residues of toxins faster + high quality carbon/equivalents.

Hope all goes well.

6. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

EX-Warehouse receptionist, now an unemployed fish
    And carbon will work too.