Hillstream tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Belated happy birthday! Didn't you think about getting a 40g breeder recently? Now would be good, not much longer than a 20 but almost twice the footprint...
Thanks! I feel old even though I'm not:). I was planning on a 40 but don't have room. I have the tank set up next to my desk so it won't allow any tanks 30+. The desk would need to be moved out of the room to fit. I wish I could get a bigger tank but no room.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
One of the newer sewellias is big (2+inches). Pretty sure it's a male as it has square-ish/corner shaped pectoral fins. At least I know I have both male and female to breed but doubt the eggs will survive with the filter and 2 powerheads. I guess whatever eggs survive, will live. The unknown gastromyzon may be a stellatus but I'm not too sure. All is well so far. I removed the spray bar and have the J-shaped on the side of the tank. Might post a photo of the tank tomorrow as I only have one class:) in the morning.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yes please, more pics. People find fry in filters sometimes so don't be too doubtful. It'll give your eyes a good workout too trying to find them lol.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
So I came home from class and found out my mom accidentally broke my 10g quarantine tank that had the pair of percs. I had the tank on the bottom of the shelf and she was vacuuming my room. She just dumped the pair into the main tank so yeah, I now have two percs in the tank which I planned to add next week. I still have the rest of the group in another qt tank and the loaches in another separate tank. I hope she doesn't break those too. It was a good thing I only had the tank filled half way. Anyways on to some photos:FTS(very messy I know; tons of brown algae I was too lazy to scrap off and scare the fish):
DSC_0490-1.jpg
My favorite sewellia (always the one that I can get a good photo of):
DSC_0452-1.jpg
DSC_0460-2.jpg
DSC_0466.jpg
DSC_0468-3.jpg
A different sewellia:
DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0475-3.jpg
The other sewellia:
DSC_0445-2.jpg
The gastromyzons were too scared to get out so only one photo of the smallest one today:
DSC_0486-1.jpg
The male perc (couldn't get one of the female):
DSC_0477.jpg
DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0490-1.jpg DSC_0452-1.jpg DSC_0460-2.jpg DSC_0466.jpg DSC_0468-3.jpg DSC_0478.jpg DSC_0475-3.jpg DSC_0445-2.jpg DSC_0486-1.jpg DSC_0477.jpg DSC_0441.jpg

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Looking great! I'm so glad she managed to save the percs. Upon reading the first sentence of your post, I was worried they all died or something!
Me too. When I got home, she was like, I broke the tank and it's not my fault because you had it near the ground and your room is dirty. Haha, she's use to caring for my fishes as she sometimes feeds and cleans them when I'm not home. Glad she put the percs in the main tank and not in the others.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
looking good! I love percs, I have a nice gropu now that are showing all the ranges of their coloration. Such cool fish!

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
looking good! I love percs, I have a nice gropu now that are showing all the ranges of their coloration. Such cool fish!
Thanks! Mine haven't shown their colors yet. I wish they did though. Colors I've seen so far are their orange fin and once in awhile, the black. I do see the blue near/around their mouth but not the yellow, orange, or blue coloration they get. I have a total of 7 but am only keeping a pair as the males bite each other too much and plan to add more loaches I received for my bday into the tank.

Whew, good save Mom! The fish look great! (I think maybe your mom hasn't really forgiven the "rug incident" lol)
I know! I was glad she knew what to do with the fish as I wouldn't be too happy if they ended up dead. My mom is a clean freak so it's always nagging nonstop and if I don't get it done, she'll clean herself and if she breaks or throws anything away, it's my fault as I was too lazy to pick it up. I do clean my room but it's never clean enough for her. I don't think she got over it too. She reminds me about it when I get new fish or do my water changes, haha :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store