Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Im coming back...

Discussion in 'Planted Aquariums' started by ~*LuvMyKribs*~, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ~*LuvMyKribs*~

~*LuvMyKribs*~ AC Members

After my hiatus over there in the cichlid section i'm coming back to the planted tank! Of course my inspiration this time was Amano's tanks, ive been reading his articles in TFH magazine and cant seem to get enough. Setting up a 30 gallon planted. So far i've got Laterite substrate, aquaclear 200, heater, and 2 flourescent tube lights. Im not sure which lighting will be best.... for my last planted tank i used those hagen "Flora-Glo" lights made for plants. Are the Coralife ones better? I didnt really like the light the Hagen ones cast, it was kinda yellow. I'll also be adding a CO2 injector.

See yah around :p
    :hi:
    -Diana

2. phanmc

phanmc AC Members

Don't worry about the fancy names and the kelvin rating of the bulbs. As long as the wattage is sufficient it'll benefit the plants, so buy what looks nice to you.

3. Smoke

Smoke AC Members

.....****
    ?

You have alot of tanks, must have cost alot. They look nice. Is that a upside down coconut in your 10 gal Krib breeding tank? :OT: Not exactly a smiley face is it? :beat: -Even though you probably already bought the light, compact flos work much better for plants, but....... you already new that.