Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

FREE Land hermit crabs in MD/DC/NOVA area Pick up only

Discussion in 'AC Marketplace : Buy and Sell' started by captmicha, Dec 31, 2011.

1. captmicha

captmicha Le tired.

Bum
    Jan 18, 2015
    So I rescued 50 hermit crabs from a horrible situation and they're ready for new homes now and are healthy again. I'm not asking a rehoming fee BUT I want to make sure that they go to good homes (they can like over 25 years) so I'd like to know what you know about their care and what kind of habitat you have for them. And if you don't have a habitat for them yet, I can wait until you get one set up.

Their shell openings are about 1"-1 1/2" so they're smallish/medium sized. About the size that you'd find at Petco/Petsmart.

Again, these are land hermit crabs, not aquatic crabs.

2. duke33

duke33 Hillbilly MFKer

carpenter
    Nov 8, 2014
    I'd set up a home for a few but i'm to far away. Bump for a nice guy.

3. Chrisinator

Chrisinator Ripariumist

Monday at 3:34 AM
    I could probably take one or two, but it would have to be shipped. I have a bunch of micros/smalls and two big ones in a 10g. It's kind of overcrowded though, so you decide.

4. SubRosa

SubRosa AC Members

Jun 21, 2013
    Would you know whether they're the Caribbean or the Ecuadoran species? I have a friend who maintains a colony of the Ecuadorans and would probably have room for a few, but she won't mix the species. The easiest way to tell is the shape of the eyes, which is oval on the Ecuadorans and round on the Caribbeans.

5. FishDreamer48

FishDreamer48 AC Members

Dec 23, 2014
    Good luck with the rehoming! Bump for an awesome person!

6. captmicha

captmicha Le tired.

Bum
    Jan 18, 2015

7. IGotCrabsInOC

IGotCrabsInOC Registered Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I'd be more then willing to take as many off your hands as you wished to depart with. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, have over 20 years experience with hermit crabs and am a member of the HCA. I own an 80 gallon tank filled with crushed coral as a subtrate, both dechlorinated and saltwater dishes and feed them a wide variety of foods. I have driftwood, cholla wood, fake plants and tons of hiding places for them to hide out and relax. Anything else you want to know please feel free to ask.

8. Hermitcrabgirl

Hermitcrabgirl Registered Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I would like one please! Where at do you ship? Also does oit come along with all the stuff you need? Please reply back to me I would realy aprushiate it! Thanks Alot

Hermitcrabgirl!

9. JustinDavis

JustinDavis Who says Convicts are boring?

Nov 14, 2014
    She clearly states she does not ship.

10. captmicha

captmicha Le tired.

Bum
    Jan 18, 2015
    Igotcrabsinoc, please get in contact with me or turn on your messaging!

Hermitcrabgirl, please do research on hermit crab care before getting any. They need specific care. Having just one would be cruel because they're social animals and live in colonies.