Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

lonely maroon clown...ok she's not i am

Discussion in 'Damsel / Anemone Fish' started by avanc, Nov 8, 2008.

1. avanc

avanc Aialik..cutest otter in Oregon!!

Cabinetry
    so what do you guys think? i've got a 20L with a 2 1/2 inch maroon clown that spends most of it's time in the corner of the tank with the heater. this is my first clownfish so i was wondering about tankmates...i now maroons are one of the meanest clowns but i think it may leave some substrate dwellers alone? also do how do you think it would do with some shrimps? thanks for any help!

2. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

IT/sales
    Should be okay with careful observation. Look into fish like watchman gobies if that is the direction you are headed. You may be able to get other tankmates, but again, observe carefully. It may help to rearrange the rockwork when you add the new tankmate, as well as leaving the lights off for the remainder of the day.

Edit: Something I just noticed--you have it is a 20L. This fish will eventually outgrow this tank and the size will make it more difficult to include tankmates. I am just making sure you are aware of this--you'll still need to take the same precautions I outlined above, though.

3. avanc

Cabinetry
    yeah i'll be moving soon so it'll get a bigger tank, my hubby just couldn't resist so i set it up as best i could for now

4. Catpicklesdog

Catpicklesdog Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Personally I'd wait until you get the bigger a tank. A 20l (5 U.S gal) tank is not big enough for any clown let alone a maroon clown.

When you do upgrade, the clown should be OK with all sorts of fish (as long as if they're not other damsels) and shrimp.

5. Reefscape

Reefscape I shoot people with a Canon
    Staff Member

Owner of See Through My Lens Photography
    20 litres :eek3:

6. avanc

Cabinetry
    lol......yeah 20 (us gallon) long

7. Catpicklesdog

Catpicklesdog Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

If it's 20 gallons that's a different story. :) Still not big enough, but better than 20 litres!

8. ke6cdh

ke6cdh AC Members

I have a 125 Gallon Tenecore simplicity 3 with 2 gold stripe maroon clownfish and they seem to get along well with the 3 peppermint shrimp tankmates.