lonely maroon clown...ok she's not i am

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

avanc

Aialik..cutest otter in Oregon!!
Nov 7, 2008
gettin' hot
so what do you guys think? i've got a 20L with a 2 1/2 inch maroon clown that spends most of it's time in the corner of the tank with the heater. this is my first clownfish so i was wondering about tankmates...i now maroons are one of the meanest clowns but i think it may leave some substrate dwellers alone? also do how do you think it would do with some shrimps? thanks for any help!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Should be okay with careful observation. Look into fish like watchman gobies if that is the direction you are headed. You may be able to get other tankmates, but again, observe carefully. It may help to rearrange the rockwork when you add the new tankmate, as well as leaving the lights off for the remainder of the day.

Edit: Something I just noticed--you have it is a 20L. This fish will eventually outgrow this tank and the size will make it more difficult to include tankmates. I am just making sure you are aware of this--you'll still need to take the same precautions I outlined above, though.

avanc

Aialik..cutest otter in Oregon!!
Nov 7, 2008
gettin' hot
yeah i'll be moving soon so it'll get a bigger tank, my hubby just couldn't resist so i set it up as best i could for now

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Personally I'd wait until you get the bigger a tank. A 20l (5 U.S gal) tank is not big enough for any clown let alone a maroon clown.

When you do upgrade, the clown should be OK with all sorts of fish (as long as if they're not other damsels) and shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store