Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

Looking for reviews on Juwel t5ho bulbs

Discussion in 'Planted Aquariums' started by unseenone00, Mar 7, 2012.

1. unseenone00

unseenone00 AC Members

Part-Time LFS worker!
    Jan 1, 2013
    Trying to find a higher kelvin bulb with good looking light for my planted tank and ran across this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOA8uuyZPs&feature=related His lighting seems quite nice... quite nice indeed. So I looked up the bulbs he uses and its 2x Juwel 4,400k and 2x Juwel 9,000k bulbs... Right now I have 3x 6,700k and 1x 4,500k(pink). The red is now coming back more day by day in my plants but it tints the color of the green a bit with the light, almost seems like there are slight tanins in the water. (I know there isn't though) Which is clearly because of the pink light. So I was wondering if anyone here uses Juwel bulbs? I am thinking I might change 2x 6,700k to the juwel 9,000k. It is not just the look of the bulb I like, but also 9,000k should help a bushy growth and get down deeper for my dwarf hair grass.

2. unseenone00

unseenone00 AC Members

Part-Time LFS worker!
    Jan 1, 2013
    They are also called High-Lite bulbs

3. DGC

DGC All in One

Jun 7, 2014
    i have 2 x 45w t5's on a 2/54w ballast, one is a 6800k and has a great colour to it the other is a 9000k day light, the day is very bright but i intend to have a medium to heavy planted and want more light,
    when i add one more t5 later on i will go with the juwel colour as the third bulb.