Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by jpappy789, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Kashta

Kashta Always Niko's fault.....

Professional
    Okay, Chill. As I've just posted in response to Dawg, I'm happy to just write Pir off as a loss. I don't believe it's scummy for anyone to vote him or not vote him. This game doesn't always boil down to an "either/or" kind of thing. It's not all black or white.

As I said, either argument is equally valid IMO and it's not worth bogging the game down any more than it's been already even trying to debate the issue. We'll find out which side he's on when he dies.

[yt]z6vuEsidMqI&NR[/yt]

^^ Fixed.

2. Lady G

Lady G It's a mafia thing, nothing personl

Have to say I agree with Kash, it is time to move on.

The last two nights have been nothing but a mess, and has given the mafia plenty to hide behind. There are many posts made that make you think, but then so much crap has happened you really can't read much into anything because everything has been so messed up.

3. the wizard

the wizard Is it really Niko's fault?

Okay, as I posted earlier, I have looked into UN by reading all of his posts. I need a drink. but here we go.

4. the wizard

the wizard Is it really Niko's fault?

Forgot to add UN the posts you made today I had already commented on so didn't see any reason to rehash them in my last post.

You do know what rehash means right? It is what you have done with theories after they have been shown to be fatally flawed instead of trying to help the town.

5. Chill

Chill Seasons Greetings

It's all very hush hush. I could tell you but then

Wow this stood out in Wiz's post above. Sudden bursts of coherance for UN gave me a bad feeling in a previous game. There were I think two posts that stood out as being a little too composed in comparsion to his usual stuff. I read them a couple of times and then I talked myself out of what I was seeing. He later turned up scum. I think it might have been the Pen game that G modded? Were you helped with this post UN?

6. IceH2O

IceH2O Bazinga

I didn't realize UNs name was blacker, l looks the same on my comp. When I put his name on votes it was red so I just changed it to black on the open office sheet.

An encrypted letter was sent to the AC Police Dept. Analysts say it might take up to 12 hours to decipher it.

7. Lady G

Lady G It's a mafia thing, nothing personl

Yeah for some reason on my screen it is black?

Hey User...looks like the "list" is in, this should make you happy.

8. dirtydawg10

dirtydawg10 Severum Mafia Don

Architect
    How can the vig use the blackmail? Are you admitting you're not the vig now? ;)

For future reference when you want to change a words formatting to match the standard just highlight it and hit the AA with the underline in the top left. It removes all text formatting. That way on a dark or light screen the text will show black or white as it is supposed to.

Looks like we have a letter coming from the snitch tonight. Hopefully it will help us and not hurt us.

Kash-thanks for the response. The part that was scaring me was it almost sounded like you were going to try and make some reasoning to keep Pir around. I'm glad to see that isn't the case.

9. dirtydawg10

dirtydawg10 Severum Mafia Don

Architect
    Oh and the AA with the underline also has an X through it. ^^

10. Zaffy

Zaffy Why would ******* be censored?

Biologist, Teacher, Hero.
    If you're doing it with a word processor you can select "automatic" as the font color as well.

But, thats beside the point since his name was black because I blackmailed him.

My offer still stands to give you guys the Don, I don't see anyone taking me up on this. Wouldn't it be in the towns best interest to get the don out first? That's not very town of any of you.

Everyone just crept up a bit on my scummylist.

11. TwoHobbies

TwoHobbies AC Members

Now that there is funny :rofl:

12. TwoHobbies

TwoHobbies AC Members

G/o Just a question to the vets. Has anyone ever talked about giving a Mafia 101 class? G/o

13. Chill

Chill Seasons Greetings

Wow Zaf you're like a One Man Gang, you can dish out vigilante justice, blackmail, and snitch alll without breaking a sweat.

14. TwoHobbies

TwoHobbies AC Members

OK, I'll drop it. This will be my last post on this. I really think I understand the game better than you give me credit for, unforunately I'm not very good at getting my point across.

I agree with everything above, read your own statement again and then tell me "what was the good of the team" and or "who was this golden" who benefited in this case.

And please don't tell me their team was going to benefit by hitting a powerless det. (Rich). My whole theory all along has been that they gave up one of there own with no gain, AGAIN in this case.

15. Chill

Chill Seasons Greetings

Sorry I know you said you were dropping this, but you lost me on that last sentence. Who did they give up?

16. jbradt

jbradt this is bat country

addictions counselor/detox supervisor
    I'm 98% JM is scum. Along with Zaffy and Pir, that gives us 3. I believe that Pir still could be innocent. It's not a large chance IMO, but he is still pretty new to the game and pretty young and impulsive. He does need to go IMO, but his role is not a foregone conclusion in my mind.

So I'm thinking 5 scum is a good place to start from. Zaffy and JM give us 2. If I had to pick 3 other suspects at this point, I would say UN, Wiz, Kash.

JM is far too put together in his arguments to be playing alone.

Wiz is just a feeling and admittedly my natural tendency is to suspect him, so I'm the most unsure of him out of those I'm naming.

Kash... it worries me that she was so quick to name me innocent. If she was evil, she would know I"m innocent and could use that to gain my trust as well as that of the town. I've used this strategy to great effect in the past. I'll try to find time to go back through the posts, but it seems to me as though she's said a lot without really putting much of her own thoughts out there. She's been commenting on (and mostly iirc debunking) the thoughts of others, but if she's pointed out any real suspects or added anything significant, I've missed it. At the very least, please don't let yourselves overlook her as a possible suspect just because she appears helpful. Remember the time travel game. Wiz, if you're innocent; that last comment goes to you especially.

17. TwoHobbies

TwoHobbies AC Members

They would be the Scum team. Didn't they give up Zaffy, when they killed Rich?

18. Chill

Chill Seasons Greetings

Not really Rich gave us Zaffy. Hitting an innocent JB would have prolonged the confusion but in the end still would have left us deciding if we could trust Rich. Given that Pir lied I think most people would have trusted Rich and Zaf would still be today's lynch.

I'm not saying JB isn't scum or that your theory isn't possible. I'm not as convinced as Kash on that, but I don't think Zaf factors into the equation. I've been weighing it and think it's unlikely but still a possability.

The biggest risk for the scum would be if Rich lied and investigated someone else. Rich kind of handicapped himself there though when he made a big deal about not lying. If he admitted he lied and revealed a diffrent result then he would be damaging his own credibility when trust was essential. The risk that he would investigate somebody else was probably small but then so was the chance that the confusion would save Zaf. Of course if JB's scum then yes Rich had to be the hit. On balance I would say there's not enough either way to make any judgement about JB based on this hit.

19. jm1212

jm1212 Pterophyllum scalare

So I'm to stupid to put my own arguments together? Doubt you would have said that if I didn't have muchtime to view the thread. I've had a had couple of games, but come on JB, at least try to find something actually worth while. You are stretching really far with that one. Is t there anything concrete you can find about me? No. And the only reason you're even trying to depict me this way is because I have you and Pir figured out and possibly UN as well.

20. jm1212

jm1212 Pterophyllum scalare

Fixed some things