Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

My Angelfish Finally Laid Eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by hernandez.j91, Dec 21, 2011.

1. hernandez.j91

hernandez.j91 AC Members

Sep 8, 2014
    So to my surprise, after coming home from a long day at work, I knoticed something on my filter intake. Well, surely enough my angels had spawned on the intake. I just sat and watched while the female layed the eggs and the male fertilized them. I had a huntch that she was a female as she had a large bulky stomach as some of my other fish have also. Well its been two days since they laid them. So I decied to take the intake off (slowly) and put it in a contain in the same tank ( because I dont have a spare heater) added an old sponge filter to it and laid the eggs in their. So far some of them have turned white but a good bunch are still clear which is a good sign I believe. Its a first time that my angels have spawned. Bought them in january when they were pea sized. First time also breeding angels so any help is appreciated. Will post more pictures in a few days if anything starts moving. :) angelfish eggs.jpg

2. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

mgr of local pizza hut
    May 7, 2015
    Good luck

3. napsterninja

napsterninja AC Members

Dec 19, 2013
    You can always use a jar/container and put that into the same tank. Add some methlene blue to prevent fungus and aerate. Three days from hatching or when they begin free swimming, feed 2-3 times daily. Baby Brine shrimp is preferred. You can use fry food but the growth rate is slower and less survival rate. At least when I did it. Best of luck!

4. hernandez.j91

hernandez.j91 AC Members

Sep 8, 2014
    So far iv noticed a lot of wigglers!!!! Not free swimming yet. Need to get some baby brine shrimp fast..

5. thrak76

thrak76 AC Members

Nov 20, 2014
  6. hernandez.j91

hernandez.j91 AC Members

Sep 8, 2014
    Today these are finally free swimming!!!

7. hernandez.j91

hernandez.j91 AC Members

Sep 8, 2014
    And the patented laid eggs again today.. :)

8. Cowgrl4life

Cowgrl4life AC Members

Horse Trainer
    Jan 8, 2015
    Pictures? :)

9. hernandez.j91

hernandez.j91 AC Members

Sep 8, 2014
    Well the fry died. :/ my other pair laid eggs yesterday. Leaving them with their parents to see how things go. Need help tho

10. Samsmobb

Samsmobb AC Members

Feb 3, 2015
    That's alot of eggs!!!