Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

My first Pleco babys!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by ladyblues1965, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ladyblues1965

ladyblues1965 AC Members

Vocalist and Bar / restaurant owner
    May 1, 2015
    Well looking at my tank yesterday morning I see a tiny fish looming close to the top of the water line. Being the age that I am I had to hurry and go find my seeing eye dogs (My reader glasses) and I run back to the tank hoping the little guy hadnt moved and low and behold there was now two there. having my glasses I was able to see they are bushynose pleco babys!! this morning once again I was looking, and better prepared with my glasses and found about twenty babys in the tank. I am so excited!! I will try to get a pic of the little guys but be wared my photo skills arent the best.

2. stephcps

stephcps AC Members

Today at 6:57 PM
    That is very awesome!! It is always exciting to find babies in the tank!!

3. maverickbr77

maverickbr77 la-te-da

Feb 6, 2015
    thats awesome

That brown long fin female you sent me spawned with my albino short fin about a week ago and I got a nice batch of babies out of it (I have also had my brown short fin spawn with the same albino male and my albino short fin female spawn with my short fin brown male this week, babies everywhere) I have since separated out the 2 long fins you sent me so hopefully they will spawn me some long fin babies.

4. bgourami320

bgourami320 AC Members

Sep 30, 2014
    Oh how cool! Congratulations fish grandma:)

5. mykidsmylife

mykidsmylife Princess of Peons

Jul 12, 2012
    Awww..babies!! Congrats. I'm right with you on the reading glasses!! I fished a "baby" out of my tank not so long ago to only find after putting my glasses on it was just a small moneywort leaf.

Nothing cuter than those wee bushy nose!:clap:

6. ladyblues1965

ladyblues1965 AC Members

Vocalist and Bar / restaurant owner
    May 1, 2015
    OMG I laughed out loud MyKids I have done things like that!! Its hell to age !! <br>
    thanks ya all I was so excited !! I will try to get a pic tonight .. I would have done that this morning but when I downloaded the cameras card into the computer I forgot and left in in there. I turned on the camera this morn to get a pic and it said no card. ITS THAT AGING THING AGAIN. Eyes memory ect.........<br>wow&nbsp; Maverik&nbsp;they have done well for you allready I am so glad you like the ones I sent I have a ton more that need to go. The person looking for them never got back&nbsp;&nbsp; but I wanted to say thanks for&nbsp; the compliment on the fish . it always helps to have&nbsp; good feedback from other buyers.<br>

7. vanillarum

vanillarum AC Members

May 10, 2015
    Congrats ! Baby plecos are the cutest of all baby fish, at least IMHO ! Nice job.

8. Dangerdoll

Dangerdoll Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Web/Graphic Design/Database Development
    May 21, 2015
    O M G!! I can't wait to see the pics!! Congrats!!

9. smitty

smitty AC Members

Jan 14, 2013
    Congrats on the spawn. I have spawned pretty much everything I've had except my plecos.

10. happypoet

happypoet AC Members

Stay-at-home Dad! (I taught High School English in
    Friday at 11:12 AM
    Congrats!