My new blue carpet anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
i did the same mistake with anemone bought a huge one for my 225g did wonder why it was so cheap! lesson learned research research research!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Hey everyone!

The carpet is doing great..it has been moved to my 40L and has a porcelain crab friend :)

I feed it every other day, half a cube of prime reef..it has eaten 2 firefish and a barnacle blenny so far :headshake2:..the wrasse and clowns don't go near it, the crab does a good job of defending it's home..who new crabs were so crabby :grinyes:

here are pix..everyone loves pix

Thanks for keeping up with it's recovery :)

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Just wanted to update on the blue carpet peeps!!
I sold the Gigantea a while ago to a nice lady in Jupiter with a 300g reef,She breeds clowns and knows her schtuff about anemones..so she was the perfect person for mah baby
I knew at the time that it would eventually outgrow my 40 long and I was not looking to upgrade larger than the 125g which it would also outgrow, the longer I kept it the more attached I got :(
so here are some pix of it happy and being hosted by 2 clowns, the porcelain crab hangs out at the foot on the rocks as the clown gave him the boot lol
It is her centerpeice

I felt privleged to be able to get back to health and that I had a little time to enjoy such a beautiful invertebrate..even if it was just for a little while :)

Maria

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Beautiful carpet anemone and the tank looks great. It must have been hard to let her go but that is a great new home she has.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
I couldn't be happier right now :D
I am happy that I was able to find it such a great home, It is a beautiful reef, I think the skimmer is bigger than I am lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store