New addition

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
nice hog. what kind?
It is a Bodianus bilunulatus and the smallest size tank it should be housed in is a 125G due to how large they get. (which is the size tank the OP has)

This Wrasse can reach a very large size of up to 24 inches. It is a predatory fish, so caution should be used not to mix smaller fish with it.
It is found in many places on the reef, shallow and deeper waters.

Diet:

The Hog Wrasse is Carnivorous and does have teeth. It feeds on Invertebrates like urchins, crabs, shrimp, other mollusks/crustaceans, and sometimes other smaller fishes. It is not a hard fish to get to eat and adjust to tank life. It will eat just about any type of tank fed foods you give it. Since in nature its natural diet consists of Inverts and Crustaceans, feed it the same type of diet.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
The geometric hawk is easy to care for.. if you can keep a nano fish alive. Mine is about 2 and a half now.. only see him like once or twice a month. not as cryptic as my flaming prawn goby.. only seen him a handful of times over the last 3 years. Either are addicted to prawn eggs

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice fish! Any chance for a FTS?

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
I've always been a bristle tooth fan