Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

New Angels fighting

Discussion in 'Angel Fish & Discus' started by therese marie, Mar 18, 2012.

1. therese marie

therese marie fish lover

photographer
    Its me again.. I lost one of my new Angels yesterday and went today to the same aquatics fish store to buy another smokey. They had just got some new ones in today so I bought 2 more .. Looks like they come from the same place,they both look alike. They are smokey blue veiltails.
    They are fighting now.. I have other angels and never once did they fight. I thought it was a myth LOL..
    But these are mouth to mouth fighting. I don't know if it is stress from being shipped to store, and bought in the same day.. Should I leave them to work it out? My other tanks are a cichlids tank and other is a shrimp tank .. I figure they are siblings, will they get along? Ha ha, well I laugh as I type this listening to my 2 teen daughters argue..

2. To3kn33

To3kn33 AC Members

Deputy Manager Learning disabilities care home
    How long we're the other ones in there before you added the new ones? How many all together now in what size tank?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

3. therese marie

therese marie fish lover

photographer
    I had 3 before, added 2 more.. I had the other 3 for a week. I just got the 2 new ones today and they are the ones fighting, not the others. As of now, I turned the lights off and each one is on the other side or the tank. They are in a 60 gl tank. Hope all is okay for now.. I am hoping it was stress from being in the bag together on the drive home plus being moved twice in one day..

4. Star_Rider

Star_Rider AC Moderators
    Staff Member

PC/network tech
    these angels are not juveniles.
    I suspect you may have a pair forming or possibly an aggressive angel establishing dominance...angels can be very conspecific aggressive-aggressive to it's own species.
    you may need to rehome some angels as this may be the only way to end aggression issues

5. therese marie

therese marie fish lover

photographer
    Well they are doing great today.. I kept the lights off the tank till today.. They are right near each other too and adjusting just fine. I feel so much better now.. I think since I bought them yesterday and the store just unloaded them and place in their tank, then I bought them an hour later and drove 30 minutes home with both in the same bag... they were just tired LOL..
    I will keep an eye out for sure tho.

6. Dangerdoll

Dangerdoll Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Web/Graphic Design/Database Development
    yeah, I would advise keeping an eye out too and if it starts up again, you may need to separate them. As they grow, it only gets worse once it starts.... and one usually winds up gone...