Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

New Brichardi's!!!:)

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by TheFishBoss97, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TheFishBoss97

TheFishBoss97 AC Members

High School
    So I was at petco today;) Saw brichardis in their cichlid section(amazing, they just got them in a week ago), there were only 2, the same 2 as when they came in(i checked). So as they were only $6 each, I took them:) I have wanted brichardis for a long time now. Not sure of species, will post pics, they are around 1" each, very very small, I am really interested in getting more later so i can see the group community breeding thing;) Pics soon, they seem to love beef flake:D I got them in the 20G QT with snowball shrimps, sand, rocks(holey i think and lava), and DW. They might be a pair:) There are a few baby plecos in there, but they seem a bit scared of them even though they are the same size. My female berried snowball scared one of them when they were eating...lol. Well, pics up soon. Any other info is welcome.

Their final tank will be a 29G with ONLY them(will get 4 more). I know they get around 4" or so. Can't wait for them to grow... Any idea how long it will take? Thanks. Temp. is at 80F which I guess is good, and pH is around 7.6...i think they need 8 right? Thanks!!!!!

TFB

2. TheFishBoss97

TheFishBoss97 AC Members

High School
    well, here are the pics........
    very very small, prob. smaller than an inch.....

any info ppl? thx

IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG

3. TheFishBoss97

TheFishBoss97 AC Members

High School
    srry, they are crappy, still haven't gotten my SLR:( grrr

4. TheFishBoss97

TheFishBoss97 AC Members

High School
    anybody? id?

5. RisiganL.

RisiganL. AC Members

school
    Hey TheFishBoss97! I hope to be planning a 29g brichardi tank like yours very soon. From what I have read, and from what people have told me, a 29g is pretty cramped. I think anything more then a single pair and your going to start running into problems. As for the pH, you got that right, they seem to have a preference for higher pH levels. Aim for 8-8.5.